Chapter 10. Dancing, dancing and more dancing

The  ballroom

The  ballroom

Harry's POV

"And one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and what are your feet doing Harry?" Father was giving me lessons on traditional dances.
"Harry, you need to walk gracefully. Think of yourself as a leaf in the wind. Your steps need to be light, like a feather, not like you are trying to stumble over both your feet at once! Again." 

The music started playing again and Neville and I moved. Again.
We were to teach me a traditional Veela-dance, and my feet were already hurting from the many turns we made. Neville seemed unimpressed, I was sure he learned these moves as a child. "Now open, close and second turn!" I heard Father as he clapped the rhythm.
Was this hard!
After another hour Father decided it was time for a break. 

I tried sitting on a chair, but the heavy Victorian style petticoat wasn't having it and I would have slit down onto the ground if Neville hadn't caught me.
If I was to fall down, it would need four men to help me up, and there weren't enough people in the house.
After wrestling me out of the petticoat we went upstairs to my room, so I could work on my dress. I decided to make it myself, now that I had the sewing instructions. 

Only some suitors had sent me presents this month, for example Andrea Rossi, an immigrant from Italy.
He sent me high heels, sadly I will never be able to wear them, because they were too small. Draco had sent me something too.
First, he sent me Halloween treats he loved in his childhood. There even were muggle ones like candy corn, but, most were magical ones.
His favourite were chocolate bats, because of obvious reasons: 1. They can fly up to three feet. 2. Their wings and teeth are made of chilli-chocolate.
Last week he sent me cloths soaked in a potion that would help with the swelling of my feet. 

Heka was sitting on the shoulder of my dummy I used to put my dress on. "Hey girl." I said and took her present. She had a letter with the potions and a book. Maybe it was a speaking one like the cookbook?
I put my hair behind my ear and opened the letter. He apologized in advance that he didn't make his costume himself, but when it came to using needle and thread he was a helpless case.
He sent some little witch-hats for Hedwig and the other owls, what I found cute and a book on aristocratic hairstyles.