39. Assistance

A/N - Please read the important note in the end!

Namjoon didn't even dare to swallow, fearing that a single small movement would make the person in front of him shoot. The gun's mouth was cold against his temple and he tried his best to adjust his eyes to the darkness as he slowly raised both of his arms. Now he could see the man's pale skin and feline eyes, piercing brown as they bored into his own orbs.

"Let me ask you again," A click of the gun, the man's voice was gruff yet soft. Namjoon's composure faltered a bit under the presence of the gun. "Who are you and what are you doing in my house?"

"Was just getting away from the soldiers, is all. I mean no harm," Namjoon chose his words carefully, not wanting to risk saying the wrong thing.

The man scanned Namjoon from head to toe, seemingly trying to judge if he was a hostile stranger or not. Reaching out a gloved hand, he brushed his fingertips against the earth bearer's silk shirt, pressing his lips together in a thin line. "Where is your armor?"

Namjoon blinked, raising an eyebrow at the man's words and staring down at his torso, confusion hitting him because he wasn't wearing an armor either. This made him think – were Aardeian men all forced to be soldiers? Was that the reason why the rebel group only consisted of women? He decided to push these thoughts away first and answer before the man could lose his patience. "I don't have any armor sir."

"No armor?," The man scoffed, adjusting his hand and making the gun's mouth smoothly run across the skin of Namjoon's temple. "Don't play dumb with me. All Aardeian men are required to wear armor at all times. Unless you're some kind of deity sent to save us from Hel, then how am I sure that I'm not supposed to kill you?"

"I'm not Aardeian," Namjoon spoke bluntly, thinking that there wasn't really any use to say things directly. His life was on the line so did it really matter?

"Not Aardeian?," The man positioned the gun under Namjoon's chin this time, obviously annoyed at his words. "Purple hair, tan skin and brown eyes, you're obviously a standard Aardeian man. If you keep lying, then I'd have no choice but to—"

Namjoon reached out a hand, cutting off the man and making him stare back with a baffled expression. The man glanced behind upon hearing a rumble, eyes widening as he stared at the ceiling. Rock pebbles fell to the ground as the ceiling formed a long spike, eventually growing until it struck the ground, barely missing their legs. Stunned, the man turned back around to see Namjoon's eyes as brown as the rocks, the gem around his neck glowing brightly.

The man's jaw dropped as the gun slipped out of his hand, making a loud crack as it collided with the ground. After a few moments, Namjoon found the man kneeling down to him, head resting on the floor. "The wonder of Aarde... I apologize for my actions."