Fifty-One

Songs:  Learning To Fall - Midnight Youth
Below My Feet - Mumford & Sons
Hold On, We’re Going Home - Drake 

*Disclaimer* I’ve already said this before, but I will say it again. There will be content in this story that is on the more sexual side. If you are not comfortable with it, then don’t read. But note that I’m super awkward writing it (because I have no idea what I’m writing, ha!), so I make it tasteful. Okay. Good! 

| fifty-one |

He could feel his palms sweat as they made the long journey up the elevator. Her fingers were laced in between his and just as sweaty as his. He looked over at Ava. Her eyes were glued to the ground. Her right foot twisting side to side nervously. He could see her biting her cheek nervously and her forehead furrowed. 

Moving slowly, Harry turns over to face her completely. Hey looks at her. Her usual bright hazel eyes are clouded with anxiety. He leans in and leaves a chaste, yet soft, kiss to her forehead hoping to smooth out the creases. He wraps his arms around her body and pulls her into his - bringing her indefinitely closer. “It’s going to be fine.” His voice is firm but gentle. Ava looks up at his soft green eyes and every ounce of anxiety and nerves seems to drift away. “I will be there with you and if you need me to step in, I will. I am not going to let him hurt you. Not again. You know that, right baby?” 

She gives him a small nod. A small smile creeps up to her lips. She bashfully looks up through her eyelashes. “I love you.” Is all she says before she leans in closer and closes the small distance between them. 

The kiss is short but sweet. It was the extra boost that she needed before she stepped out those elevator doors and became face to face with her father. 

The elevator bell rings. She takes in a deep breath and slowly exhales, “This is it.” Harry interlocks their fingers together and gives it a slight squeeze. 

“It will be fine baby. It will be fine.” He whispers in her ear. Regardless of the situation and what was about to happen, she still feels her body reacting to his husky voice and hot breath. A small shiver runs down her spine. But it was the last ounce of confidence that she needed to push her past those elevator doors. 

“Where is he?” Ava asks quietly. She looks up at Harry to see him looking around the office. 

His eyes are concentrated as they scout out the small office space. “This way.” He speaks gently before  he leads her down the small hallway. “So this is where you’ve been working?” She asks hoping to distract herself from what was about to happen. 

“Yeah. I’ll show you my office after.” He smirks, “And the couch that’s in there too.” He gives her a cheeky wink. Automatically, she feels heat rushing to her cheeks. 

They walk a few more feet before they reach the end of the hallway. “I’m pretty sure they were doing the book signings in this conference room.” Harry says. He opens the door but is surprised to find it dark and empty. 

“Thats weird.” He turns the light on, hoping it would help them find Adam or Flint. “They’re not in here.” Harry turns around looking all over the room just incase they were in the adjacent room. He stops at the door. His eyes are deep in concentration. He brings his pointer finger and thumb to his bottom lip as he begins to think. A crease forms against his usual smooth forehead as he thinks. 

“Maybe they are in Adam’s office.” He grabs Ava’s hand once again and leads her outside of the conference room. He shuts off the lights and closes the door. They walk back down the hallway towards the main lobby of the floor. He makes a quick right and leads her down a shorter hallway where only one door lays. Outside of the frosted glass window reads Adam’s name in bold. He gives a swift knock and hears a faint come in