[twenty three] no control

c h a p t e r   t w e n t y t h r e e no control

c h a p t e r t w e n t y t h r e e
no control

"Lydia!" The short brunette whined. "I cut my leg!"

Lydia poked her head into the bathroom while trying to put her earrings on at the same time. She looked at Harper's bare legs as she sat on the bathtub, a razor in her hand. Just under her knee was a red line, blood coming from it.

"Quick, stick some tissue on it. You won't be able to see it in the gym, don't worry." The strawberry blonde tossed a roll of toilet paper at her.

Harper caught it, quickly ripping off some and sticking it to her leg. The blood immediately soaked it up and made it stick there. She began to do the rest of her legs until she was fully bare. The brunette quickly moved into her bedroom where Lydia was putting her dress on.

Harper had just done her makeup, shaved and was about to put her dress on and then do her hair. The girl stood in her bra and her underwear in front of her long mirror, pulling the dress over her head. Lydia did the zip up without her even having to ask.

"Thanks." Harper grinned at her, moving to sit in the chair in front of her desk. "I'll curl the ends of your hair if you do mine in curls."

"All the way?" Lydia asked. Harper heard the beep of the curling iron.

"All the way."

...

After Harper had finished Lydia's hair, they both slipped on their shoes- which Lydia had been so kind as to pay for. The short girls stood a few inches higher, but Harper knew it would barely make a difference when she stood next to Stiles anyway- he was just so tall.

"Wait, Lyds." Harper gently grabbed Lydia's wrist when Lydia moved to leave the bedroom.

Lydia turned around worriedly. "What is it?" She smoothed out her dress. "Is it my hair? Is the headband too much with the belt and the purse?"

Harper chuckled, shaking her head. "No," she moved to her drawers, pulling out 'Ruby Roo', a bright red lipstick from MAC. "Nude lips with a nude dress is just a little bit too much, you know? This would suit you."

Lydia grabbed it from her hands, taking off the cap and twisting it up half way. She held it next to her lips and looked in Harper's mirror.

"You think?" She asked. "Would it suit me?"

Harper nodded, taking it back from the strawberry blonde. She rubbed the nude lipstick off of her lips and carefully began to apply the Mac one. Lydia watched her best friend thankfully.

"You'd be good at that." Lydia smacked her lips together once Harper was done.

Harper raised her eyebrows as she placed the lipstick back in its rightful place. "Good at what?" She chuckled. "Applying lipstick?"