c h a p t e r t w e n t y s e v e n

-

"We all have stories inside of us beating against our rib cages, yearning to be set free."

-

a few hours prior

-

"Potter, i need your help."

Harry looked up from the couch and raised his eyebrow. "What with?"
"A date with Hermione."
"Alright, i'm in."

Draco told Harry of how one of the chapters in the book said that both souls will find themselves suddenly being into what the other soul likes.

Whether it be something as simple as cats, or something as complex as the art of potions, the level of interest depends on the strength of the bond.

Consquently, Draco found himself being really into the idea of a picnic by the lake.

"You know, Hermione used to love picnics from about sixth year onwards." Harry said, handing Draco a mug of coffee.

The blonde took a sip and shrugged. "That's probably because of me. We used to sneak off together and hang out by the lake."

Draco smirked lightly when Harry's eyes widened. "She was never tutoring a Hufflepuff, was she?" he asked, placing the mug on the coffee table.

"Nope." replied Draco, popping the p. Harry leant back and stared at the ceiling.

"It's all starting to make sense now..." he began. Draco simply laughed and shook his head.
"I'm sure it is, Potter. I'm sure it is."

-

"Alright, so i'll set this up in that opening past the trees?" Harry asked, getting onto the broom. Draco nodded. "Hermione's going to be back from the ministry soon so once you're done, you can just go home."

It was Harry's turn to nod.

"I appreciate this, Potter." Draco said, handing him the basket.
"Well i guess i never really considered the fact that you've changed to be a better person. This is the least i could do." he shrugged.

Draco let out a small laugh and shook his head, "Don't worry, most people still assume i'm into the dark arts and all that shit."
"I guess the thought of an ex deatheater not being evil is just one of those things people don't want to believe. It makes them question their morals." said Harry.

"Yeah but i'm used to it. Anyway, you best be off now. Thanks again, Potter."
"Anytime Malfoy."

Before Draco could say anything else, Harry kicked off from the ground and flew away.

-

current time, 21:15

-

"How did you know i love picnic dates?" Hermione asked, popping a strawberry into Draco's mouth. He shrugged as he chewed. "Part of the bond i guess."

Hermione smiled as she took a sip from her glass of lemonade and stared out across the lake. "It almost feels like sixth year again, don't you think?"

Draco thought about it for a few moments before turning to face her.
"I don't really care what year it is as long as i'm with you." he said, averting his stare after a few seconds.

Hermione laughed lightly and shook her head, "Is that the bond speaking?"
"No," he began, "I'm speaking from the depths of my cold dead heart."

The girl grinned and Draco found himself smiling too.
Even his cold dead heart was smiling.