Chapter 28: Memory

Very sorry about not posting anything yesterday evening as i had gotten writers block and had no idea what to write. Though now I have gotten past it and was able to write my newest chapters. I hope you like it.

__________________________________________________________

As the man in red disappeared from the Emperor's sight a servant came in that had cold sweats from facing the Emperor.

-"You're Highness..."

-"Spit it out already, I'm not going to die yet."

-"Y..Yes, o..oof course. We received news that Kangxi wangye would be arriving with Prime Minister Lou Chang in two days' time."

-"Well maybe I am going to die."

The Emperor was not in the mood to deal with the stress that is that man. The more he thought about the trouble he would bring the more frustrated he became. In the prison cell that Mingxia Jie laid in her cell waiting for the moment when someone would appear. And her patience had greatly rewarded her; as the Emperor himself had come down to her cell. Mingxia Jie noticed the panic and uncertainty deep in his eyes and the twitchiness of his hands. Mingxia Jie calmly stared at him in expectance for some sort of verbal clue

-"Erhm...Um... Mingxia Jie would you.. Um.. Confess to your crime of killing my Prime Minister.?"

-"Why all the stumbling? Besides, why would you pin a crime on me if I have nothing valuable to you?"

-"Mingxia Jie. Admit to your faults and you may be pardoned."

-"May? Your 'may' won't help me out of this cell. Now why don't you tell the reason for me being in this cell."

-"Because you killed my most trusted associate! And I had no choice because of that man!..."

-"Man?"

-"Man? What man? I said nothing of the sort! The cell must be getting to you! Zhen said no such thing!"

-"Right..."

The Emperor had already started to leave when a guard came down, telling the Emperor that the man in red who called himself Peizhi had come again for his 'prize'. The Emperor was furious. He hated Peizhi! Peizhi had waltzed into his palace and asked for a woman he never knew. Then made a wager with him to make the woman his. When Mingxia Jie heard that a man named Peizhi, dressed in red robes. Her mind was in shock. She did not expect that in her new life she would ever meet people that she had saved before. And one of them was Peizhi. She did not know for sure that the Peizhi that she had saved was the same Peizhi from her past life. She sat in her cell thinking why Peizhi was in Eastern Zhousan. In her moment of shock, a guard had approached her to tell her that her trial would be in a few days.

Her heart was too occupied with the thoughts of Peizhi that she could not think straight. Her heart had been shaken by the memories.

_________________________________________________________________

Flashback

After the kill order in the northern part of Western Zhousan, Mingxia Jie had been careless and had gotten the attention of multiple archers. Her wounds were of a variety, with deep wounds in the back and legs, while scratchs on her arms. Nothing vital was hit but the loss of blood was beginning to take effect. She had escaped but was now bleeding to death. She had not taken any comrades with her from the Devil Sect and was now bleeding out in a stranger's shed that she had found.

She heard the angry screams of the family yelling at a boy, Mingxia Jie at the time had been already the youngest Master to have been in the Devil Sect at age 19. But from her carelessness, her life might have ended shortly if not for the fact that; that same argument had saved her. The argument had reached to such heights that someone opened the shed to hide in, but the smell of blood had permeated the shed so when it was opened the smell was the first thing that welcomed the family. The mother and daughter pair shrieked and fainted while the father saw Mingxia Jie and sighed while the oldest male came up to her to check her pulse and called for the doctor.

The oldest male heir picked up Mingxia Jie and carried her to a spare bedroom, when he closed the door to the room all of Mingxia Jie's weapons fell to the ground, including daggers, knives, rope, and vials. He saw the weapons and was terrified. He dropped Mingxia Jie and stepped back quickly. Mingxia Jie groaned from being dropped onto the ground

-"What was that for? That hurt."

-"Y..you.. you're a killer!"

-"And?"

-"...."

-"Exactly."

Mingxia Jie crawled on the floor to wear her weapons were, before listening quietly.

-"Hmm. Two minutes. That's plenty."

Mingxia Jie then army crawled and put all her weapons in a pouch before crawling back to the bed and opening up a floorboard near the foot of the bed and putting all her weapons inside. Before crawling and heaving herself onto the white bed, seeing the red bloom under her body. Mingxia Jie looked at the man in front of her, she nodded before speaking

-"For someone who looks as good as you, you don't fit in here. Do you?"

-"No...I am an orphan, but I was taken into the care of my relatives."

-"Ah, I see."

-"You are a trained professional."

-"One of a kind."

-"Can you help me? I want to kill these idiotic family members of mine and fake my death to run away. I have nothing left, please."

As Mingxia Jie opened her mouth she closed it and looked at the door, in that instant a doctor came in and saw Mingxia Jie before rushing over and tending to her wounds. She was finally stable by the morning and the man walked back in

-"Will you help me?"

-"You should know that faking your death is much harder, I can pretend to kidnap you but I still am not ready to accept your offer yet."

-"Why not?"

-"Because-"

-"Peizhi! Where the hell are you!? It's time for you to go the chores!"

A girl walked in to see both Mingxia Jie in the blood-soaked bed and the man named Peizhi standing in the room. Seeing Mingxia Jie, she didn't hide her true personality and attacked Mingxia Jie verbally. Mingxia Jie just stared at the girl, before turning her head the other way to look out the window. The girl was so mad that she walked up to Mingxia Jie and slapped her across the face, leaving a red hand mark on her face. Mingxia Jie wasn't impressed and turned back to her giving off her killing intent. The girl screamed and ran. Mingxia Jie massaged her cheek before looking back at Peizhi.

-"Fine."

Mingxia Jie stood up and placed her garb back on before taking out her weapons again. She then quickly took out the maids and guards by the door, then continued to leave a trail of blood before finding the mother and daughter coming up with a scheme. Mingxia Jie's shadow loomed over the pair before both turned around met with fear and soon enough had their necks spray out blood. She soon finished before waiting for night to fall. Both left the back entrance before Mingxia Jie had set fires everywhere in the home. As they walked to the edge of the forest, Peizhi kowtowed to Mingxia Jie. Mingxia Jie was able to stop most of the bleeding, but she had to get back quickly to receive treatment for the wounds.

-"Please take me with you!"

-"Why? I did what I did as a pro bono mission. You are old enough to apply to officialdom."

-"I don't want to! I want to go with you."

-"Do as you please, I will not stop you from following me; however, I will not slow down either."

Mingxia Jie walked into the forest with Peizhi in tow, having reached the Devil's Sect he learned who he had saved and had become part of Mingxia Jie's family. Though he had never told that to her.

________________________________________________________________

When she opened her eyes again tears swirled in her eyes, but the tenderness disappeared seeing someone else standing in front of the cell door. It was the royal adviser.