chapter 60

Ghirahim was the one who pulled away first, though his smile never once left his lips.

"I take it that you being here means you defeated the Yiga?" he questioned, and she blinked. Then a sheepish grin crossed her face.

"Oh... no," she let out a gauging, anxious chuckle. "Bulblin's just outside this room, actually."

"..." He sighed. "We can leave their fate in the hands of the Sages."

"Sages..?" [Name] tilted her head to the side.

"Come on." Taking her hand, he led her to one of the doors in the roomーthe one opposite of the entranceーand they arrived outside. Heading up a spiral staircase, [Name] couldn't keep her eyes off the desert.

The sun was setting, shrouding the wasteland with a gorgeous array of ochre and scarlet glows. The gently fading sunlight cast a rather dreamy aura over the Arbiter's Grounds, and in [Name]'s opinion, a bit romantic.

She felt her heart jolt in her chest, enjoying being this close to her lover in this serene atmosphere. It wasn't as if this were the first time, but this setting seemed to strike up a much more passionate ambiance.

They entered the Mirror Chamber just as Link departed, and were faced with an arrange of identical spirits. Glowing ivory, they were nearly translucent creatures that gracefully pranced through the air.

"...Whoa," was all [Name] could mouth, staring in awe at the ethereal beings before her. These were the Sages, the true arbiters who sculpted their namesake into this coliseum.

"How opportune for you to have come to us," one Sage spoke, his voice rich yet placid. "We must sentence the Demon Lord Ghirahim to execution... For acts of terrorism against Hyrule Castle Town, as well as by association with the Demon Kings Demise and Ganondorf."

[Name] stiffened. Here she thought these Sages were to help her serve justice to Bulblin and the Yiga Clan, yet they've immediately turned against her. She wasn't going to have it.

"..No, he's not..!" Her brows pulled together, and she turned to face Ghirahim. His everlasting smirk still graced his face, smug as usual.

"I'm absolutely flattered to be recognized for those feats," he grinned, then pulled [Name]'s body close to him. "However I've a mission to serve my master till the end of her time."

One of the Sages glanced skyward. "We have acknowledged your newfound rectitude... Though not even that can purge your paragons of corruption... Ghirahim."

"What about the Yiga?" [Name] tried changing the subject. Another Sage tilted his head.

"They have not committed any felonies."

What the ever loving fuck-duck do you mean, they 'haven't committed any felonies'?! She wanted to scream, but only allowed her jaw to slack a little. She kept her composure, speaking calmly.

"They tried to murder me."

"You are fine, are you not?"

What the hell was with this arbitrating system?!

"According to your reasoning, they should be executed by association with Zant. Not to mention, their entire organization is based on their allegiance to Ganondorf!"

Somehow, the Sages seemed surprised.

"...We have not heard of this," one admitted.

"And I'd like it to stay that way," came a voice. Turning around, [Name]'s eyes landed on Bulblin's body, stumbling forward with a slight limp. He was out of breath, sweat dripping down his square face. He pointed an accusatory finger at [Name].