Chapter 34

[Hey everyone! Welcome to another update. I also wanted to give a shoutout to artificial-soul for making a playlist on Spotify for Jellie. It makes me really happy to see people do all this cool stuff for this series. I really appreciate it!

Song in the MM is Art of Sleeping - I'm Not The One.

Enjoy!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 34

Jeff's POV

A long day of doing nothing. I'm laying on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, earphones in and listening to the music coming through. I keep rubbing my thumb over the back of the iPod, not thinking about much. The music is nice on my ears, with a gentle electric guitar rhythm that puts me in a trance at the first note. I'm caught up in every sound, which is why I'm a little bugged when I spot a familiar figure show up out of the corner of my eye.

With a sigh, I pause the music and take out my earphones. Sitting up, I spoke to Death, "What's up?"

The silver-eyed entity pulled down his black hood and said, "Hello to you too."

I yawned and glanced out my window. It was already kind of late. The sun went down about a few hours ago. The rest of the mansion seems quiet. I would usually get some sleep by now, but my sleep schedule has been off for weeks now. Knock out at 4am and sometimes don't wake up until 2pm in the afternoon.

"What do you want, besides my soul?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"How are you feeling lately?" Death inquired.

I shrugged. "Alright, I guess. Still take medicine. Still feel like shit sometimes, but everybody does."

"Why don't you take on a hobby to pass the time?" he suggested.

I pointed to my Rubik's cube on my nightstand. He shook his head and added, "Something else..."

"Like what?"

"What do your friends do?"

I shifted my eyes to the side, thinking about that. Read books, play video games, play dollhouse, draw and paint, drink tea, be a ho...I mean, those all seem okay. Kind of. Maybe. Not the last one. That's strictly Ben's repertoire.

"I'm okay for now," I muttered. Death stifled a sigh but didn't push the subject further.

Staring at him, I said, "You didn't answer my question. Why are you here?"

"I'm stopping by."

I bore my gaze into him, unmoving and silent. He stared back with an equally  drab expression and I suddenly wondered if I could keep a staring competition going.

Finally, Death had enough and frowned. "Enough with that look. You look like a dullard."

"What...?"

"Anyway," he interjected, "I might as well be forward. I'm here regarding the offer I made to you on my previous visit."

I recalled that day when he told me he could take me out of here, but only for a short time. Intrigue snatched me and I leaned my head in my hand, elbow on my knee. "What of it?"

"Have you thought about it?"

"Yeah..."

"And?"

Tapping my fingers against my cheek, I twisted my lips and shrugged. The silver-eyed entity looked about ready to smack me. I never noticed that his right eyebrow twitches. Huh.