Chapter 33: Plan A

Mission: Get Rid of Peyton's Crush on Archer 

Plan A - Desensitize Yourself  

- () - 

I meant to only text Irene. Instead, I accidentally end up forwarding my message to group chat between my friends from Chicago and I. 

Peyton: Hey, I think I might have a crush on Archer. 

(Jake is online)

(Andrew is online)

Peyton: THAT WAS MELODY TEXTING FROM MY PHONE. 

Jake: omg 

Andrew: OMG 

Andrew: Our Peyton???? A crush???? On Archer????

Andrew: THE Archer?????

Jake: that's adorable

Peyton: Shut up. 

Peyton: Where did Irene go? 

Andrew: DUDE

Andrew: when you guys get maried, we can visit Peyton and Archer both at the same time

Even though I'm alone in my bedroom, I slouch further down in my pillows so nobody can read my texts. Jake and Andrew continue to talk about my future plans with Archer. This is humiliating. But I stay online in hopes that Irene will pop up soon. 

Andrew: do you think Archer will make us his best men? 

Jake: he'll have like twenty best men at that rate. 

Andrew: true. maybe we can be peyton's maids of honor? 

Peyton: I'M GOING TO BE A SINGLE CAT LADY UNTIL I DIE.

(Irene is online)

"Peyton!" Melody calls from downstairs. "Archer says he's coming to pick us in five minutes." 

"I don't care!" I yell back, hating how my pulse picks up just at the mention of his name. I pull my backpack closer to me and hug it. 

"Okay!" 

Irene: you fools. i'm Peyton's maid of honor. or favorite cat lady friend.

Andrew: Peyton has a crush on Archer. 

Irene: omg. that's wonderful. 

Peyton: No it is not! I don't want to have a crush on Archer!

Irene: why not? out of all the guys you could have a crush on, he's the best choice. 

Andrew: If I was a homosexual, I'd date him myself.

Jake: i think you two would look good together

Before I can stop myself, an image of Archer and I holding hands on the beach flashes in my eyes. He's smiling. I'm smiling. How would it feel to be his real-life girlfriend? Amazing. My entire body flushes with the possibility. 

I shove the image in a corner. 

It's time to get down to what I wanted to talk about in the first place.