Chapter 11. The ball

Please read A/N at the end!

Draco POV

I had arrived punctual, even some minutes early, because I wanted to check out my rivals.
None of them were still going to Hogwarts, what wasn't surprising. 

Most pureblood wizards only go to Hogwarts six years long, many of them take over family companies and start living an adult life.
I was pretty sure the seventh year was only invented to accommodate the muggle system. And Harry wanted a mate with a steady income, something that wasn't accommodatable with Hogwarts. 

I fixed my cloak and made some small talk, while Toppy had one arm around my pant leg.
I had to take her with me, because of various reasons that I wasn't proud of, and I hoped she could help the house elves of the Prince-Gaunt household.
While looking around I saw quite some men without a costume or with a plus one, and I mentally facepalmed. 

Slowly the doors of to the ballroom opened and two bodyguards controlled everyone that entered.
All suitors that didn't bring costumes or came with someone that wasn't a suitor were given a card and sent away, and I was pretty sure they were howlers written by the Dark Lord himself. 

Some men tried bringing in weapons, and those were taken away immediately.
After what felt like a lifetime, it was my turn. I gave them my scythe made out of paper-mache and after they gave it back they looked down to Toppy.

"I had a little accident in my potions-lab and the fumes could kill house elves, so I had to bring her

"I had a little accident in my potions-lab and the fumes could kill house elves, so I had to bring her. She will behave and help the other house elves."
The man nodded and let me in. 

Instead of falling over the buffet, I needed to find the Dark Lord and tell him about Toppy, and hopefully I would meet Harry too.
I tried running, but there were too many people. After spotting a white figure on the balcony, I went upstairs, and I was sure Toppy nearly tripped a couple times. 

When I reached the white figure, I giggled a little. I guessed it was Lord Gaunt's mission to embarrass his son. He was wearing his usual robe, but had painted his face like a skull and wore a cylinder, and a MUSTACHE!

 He was wearing his usual robe, but had painted his face like a skull and wore a cylinder, and a MUSTACHE!