16: The Evil Sister

She was now seated beside the First Lady and still can't believe they were here

She was now seated beside the First Lady and still can't believe they were here. She was supposed to sit beside her mom but Mrs. Jeon insisted. Now the Prime Minister and his wife are across her instead, and Judah was on her other side.

While her parents and Ysmael's were seated beside Jordynn's respectively. Jordynn—who was the first one to greet her earlier—was two seats away from her because her sister was seated next to Judah. Ysmael was at the end of their row.

"You and Jordynn attend the same school, are you two close?," Mrs. Kim asked with a smile on her face. Her personality was a surprise. It was such a contrast with Jordynn's and her sister's based on her observation. The woman always has a smile on her face.

She glanced at Jordynn and found her smiling before suddenly winking, making her chuckle a bit. "Yes Mrs. Kim," she replied.

"That's great! Jordynn doesn't really tell us things, I'm happy to know she has a friend like you, sweetheart. And call me Auntie," the woman added.

"I'm capable of having friends, Mom," her youngest daughter then uttered.

"She meant good friends Jordynn, not bad influencers," the eldest said, earning a scoff from the former. Lian watched as her friend's grip on the utensils tighten. "Hello," she turned to her friend's sister and found her with a tight-lipped smile, "I'm Jess by the way."

She bowed her head in greeting and smiled back, "hello, it's nice to meet you."

"Are you friends with the boys, too?"

Her eyes turned to Judah for the first time and saw him already smirking at her. She was about to respond when a cool voice beat her to it.

"You don't want to know," Ysmael snickered.

"What does that mean?," the first lady curiously asked. "Are you friends with my son too, Liandra?" Her tone was giddy and her eyes look like they're shining in happiness.

So it's a good thing? She thought.

"We're quite close Ma'am," she hesitantly answered as she felt something cold touching her thigh—Judah's shameless hand. Her head snapped towards him, only to see the latter reaching out for his drink nonchalantly.

"You never told us sweetie!" Her mom happily uttered, "that's really nice."

"I hope you could help him focus on his studies Lian," the President suddenly requested. She felt Judah's hand clench and immediately held it, intertwining their fingers together.

"I'm sure he can manage it Sir, Judah is a smart guy," she proudly stated smiling at him. The guy stared at her with an unknown expression on his face. "I think he's even smarter than me, I believe in him," she added, facing his father again.

"Heard that son? Your friend believes in you, don't disappoint her," President Jeon said with a strict tone.

Judah abruptly stood, "please excuse me," he said before turning around and walking out of the hall.