Chapter 42

Ship # - ship name - Prime

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner - Thomas

0097 - Ace - Zimmel

0098 - Lucy

0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick

0125 - Lars

0200 - Ellen

0301 - Rodrick

0403 - Johnathon

0667 - Marco - Brown

0778 - Jan

0798 - Celeste

0908 - Tara - Mara

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry

_________________

Duke Risen's eyes went wide as he read the report from the spy he'd planted in Tauntoff's court. The bastard fake to the throne of the Empire had more lives and luck than he could believe. Pacing he knew that the man was going to come after him next. Smiling the Duke thought it was time to bring out the REALLY big guns. Let the bastard do anything after he blew those ships away! Laughing the Duke started to shout orders.

Greeson groaned as he looked around the med bay. So many hurt, too many dead he was still finding it hard to believe that all of them had been proud to serve under him. Then there was what the Emperor had said that he understood. Plus the fact that the man thought he'd done a good job! Grimacing when he felt the needle slide into his arm he guessed he'd have to wait.

Mara had been released from med bay not long after everyone had left for the planet. Going to her room she sat and listened to the reports of the battle as they came in. It was a few hours later as she made her way to the med bay a look of worry on her face. She'd heard the reports of the five that were dead. More than a third were injured some severely. When the A.I. of the ship wouldn't reveal any of the names she grew even more worried.

As she rounded a corner she saw the Colonel that had been training Greeson. Almost at a run she quickly gained on him.

"Colonel!? Colonel!" She shouted as she overtook him. As he turned she saw that he'd been injured. "Why aren't you in the med bay?" He might have more years on her but they were of the same rank, so she felt she could demand.

"I will be soon young lady, at the moment there are more seriously injured in there." Dempsy told the worried woman.

"I heard that five were lost, well over a third were badly injured. So yours isn't that bad I take it? Funny but the odd angle you arm is at suggests that you might be in pain. Apparently though, you aren't." A surprised Mara said.

"No, I am trained in pressure points. Certain spots on the body can be pressed to stop or numb pain. It can mean the difference between life and death. If there is no pain, then the one who is injured won't lose consciousness. As you know slipping into a coma isn't always the easiest thing to come back from." Dempsy told her.

Sighing a moment she was about to ask when Dempsy continued. "Yes young one, he is still alive though I am afraid that he may be here a few days. He is very courageous; he sacrificed quite a bit to ensure that an evil was extinguished. An evil I am afraid I helped to make." Here Dempsy hung his head. His master had said that after she was gone he would still have to live with her death. He just didn't think it was going to be this hard.

Mara could see that something was tearing the older man up inside. Reaching out she put her arms around a startled Dempsy. "It is always hard to lose someone, even the worry stays with you. Losing father was hard on me but his life inspired me to do and be more." Releasing him she stepped back, "Father always said you were like a rock, unfeeling. I'm so glad that he was wrong." With that she turned and headed into the med bay leaving a startled and shocked Dempsy standing in the hallway.