flights at heights

This part is dedicated to starloverebel.

Sabine had tried so hard to resist, she'd tried to stop herself from flying the Firebolt around. But on a clear blue sky morning, she couldn't resist.
Running out to the backyard, Sabine mounted the broom and kicked off. Such a fierce joy rushed inside her as the broomstick twirled and sped across the sky like a bullet.
Whooping, she went into a dive and pulled up sharply when she was inches from the ground. Turning the broom upwards, she rocketed into the sky again.

"Sabine!"

The girl looked down to see Hera standing below her, arms crossed.

"Uh oh" she muttered.

Turning the Firebolt down to earth, she landed on the grass.

"What do you think your doing?" Hera asked.

"Erm, flying?" Sabine shrugged.

"How'd you learn to do it so well?"

Sabine found herself smiling.

"It's in my blood" she replied.

"I can tell. You'll definitely be in a Hogwarts Quidditch team in a few years."

"Thanks."

"I have a rugby ball if you want to use that as a make shift Quaffle" Hera said.

"Cool."

For at least two hours, Hera and Sabine flew on their broomsticks with Hera's being a Nimbus Two Thousand. Sabine threw the rugby ball at a hoop Hera had set up and the adult would try to defend it. They swapped over a few times and Sabine continued to impress Hera.

"Truly incredible" she remarked as they landed on the grass.

"Thanks. My father, Caleb, he was the seeker for Hufflepuff in his years at Hogwarts. My mum Fawn was one of the Chasers for Ravenclaw. So flying is one of my talents" Sabine said.

"Caleb and Fawn Bridger?"

"Yeah. Wait, did you know them?"

"As a matter of fact I did. Fawn was one of my friends in Ravenclaw. Kanan knew Caleb. Why didn't you say you and Ezra were their children?"

"You never asked" Sabine shrugged.

"Well, now that I do know, that just makes you and Ezra even more special" Hera smiled putting an arm around Sabine.

The girl hugged her mother with an exhale of contentment.

QUIDDITCH!!!!
Suggestions are always welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲