17 - Cole

So, they can be touched? But who helped me?

"I told you not to hurt her."

Came the velvety voice. Was he here all this time? Was he waiting for the right moment to help the damsel in distress? God, I should have looked like an ugly, scared rabbit. Nope, not a rabbit. Rabbits can never be ugly. The surrounding fight was still going on energetically, and I noticed that none of the werewolves could get a hold of the creature. Then how did Ryan do it?

"Leave. Every one of you."

My chauvinist mate called out in a commanding voice. I thought he implied the wolves, but I was stunned to see the dull animals vanish. Are the creatures that vampires are afraid of scared of him? Wow, I must be losing my mind. Anyway, you got what I said right. As there were no more opponents, all the wolves began to change their shape. It was a sight to see. I didn't notice it before, but when they turned, a layer of fur still covered their private parts, and I was grateful for their decency. It would have been fine if it were all young guys, but obviously there were old ones too, and I wasn't interested in seeing their birth suits. Geez, Atty, you sound like a real pervert.

My 'grandfather' already stood with a shocked face staring at Ryan, who was, unfortunately and fortunately, beside me. The other wolf that was with him also turned into a human. And I was right. He is indeed handsome. Everyone had a strange look, and it was all directed at Ryan. I wanted to break the silence, but my grandfather won me over.

"You controlled them. It's you. It was always you."

"What is what?"

I asked, confused as usual. I was still sitting on the ground, but in a more comfortable position. My legs have not regained their energy yet.

"He didn't tell you, did he? In fact, he didn't tell anyone. Thought you could keep it a secret forever?"

Alexander said, raising his voice now. Ryan was calm, so freaking calm. How can he maintain his composure after all that has happened?

"I was about to tell her myself, but it was my bad luck that you morons had to interfere."

Dang... He has no respect, does he? I tsked under my breath, watching the scene unfold like a spectator. A bucket of popcorn could have been really good right now.

"Why should you call us morons when it's actually you bloody vampires?"

The words were not from the old man but from the handsome one. Such a temper. But did I have the patience to see another male ego clash? Nope!

"Okay. I can smell a fight right now, but I am seriously not in the mood. So, can you please tell me what is going on?"

I got up from my VIP seat and dusted my jeans. I will have to wash them before returning to Eva. My grandfather scoffed, catching my attention, and spoke with venom in his voice.

"I will tell you. Your mate is not just a vampire, but the king of Dark Shape Shifters, or rather, Demons."

The way he said that resembled an investigator giving the details of the psycho they are searching for. It was that dramatic.

"Good. Now, what do you mean by that?"

I said it nonchalantly, and I heard a chuckle from behind me. Was that seriously Ryan?

"You don't know?"

Alex asked incredulously. What does he take me for? Encyclopaedia?

"You know, I was not brought up in this hell of a place. So how will I know about these things?"

"Don't curse in front of your grandpa, young lady."

My 'recently discovered grandfather' scolded. But it felt good since my grandpa back home never actually talked with me.