2 - brikey and antonio

Mikey's POV

When Grace came back out to the car, she did not say anything. She just drove until we got home. Melissa was following in the car behind us, and I deeply wished she would leave because Bryce was with her, and I'd rather not have him in my house when shit is gonna go down. 

When the four of us where in the kitchen, Grace stared at me deeply, telling me she was disappointed I did not tell her, but she was also sad that I was getting bullied. 

"Did you at least fight back?" She whispered, breaking the silence which was growing into tension. I stared at her and sighed. 

"At first, yes I did," I told Grace. Suddenly, one pair of eyes turned into a million as I was speaking. My voice became shaky and my hands began to sweat. 

"I stopped fighting after a while." I muttered while Melissa and Bryce stared at my sister and I. 

"Why did you stop?" She asked quietly. Bryce was literally burning holes into my figure with his stare, and for Melissa, she was staring at the floor considering she already knew. 

"It seemed easier to do, the more I fought, the longer the pain would go on for, but if I stopped, the pain wasn't so hard to deal with," I told my sister who shook her head, with a little smile. 

"What do you think I do every day Mikey? What do you think mom did everyday?" She asked raising her voice. I stared at the floor, now getting the idea that my problem wasn't that big, which it isn't but at the same time, it is big. 

"We fight," she sternly spoke. "Its in our blood to fight, for almost ten generations," 

"Whether it was cancer itself, or bullying, or getting hit by a damn bus, we Barone's never give up, and I know for a fact that you are not going to give up," She told me putting her hands on my shoulders. 

"You where the only strong one out of me, and dad  when mom died, you held us together when dad died, you have literally been the only person in almost a year to make me happy, through chemo, through pain, heartache, you have been the back bone of this house, and that's because you never gave up," She pointed to my chest. 

"And this Antonio person is just another wedge on the wall and one you will take out and kick it out the damn window, because you are strong, you are Mikey Barone, the person who won't take shit from anyone or anything."

"Now, Melissa," Grace said angrily at her best friend. Melissa gulped following Grace up stairs to her room. I sat on the counter, and Bryce was leaning against the counter, staring at me, as if he was waiting for me to talk to him. 

"How long has Antonio been bullying?" Bryce asked after a few moments of silence. I looked up from the floor and stared at him. Bryce looked at me, with somewhat concern across his face. 

"Does it matter?" I asked with a sigh, and Bryce nodded, walking over to me and standing in front of me. 

"Of course it matters Mikey," I chuckled looking at Bryce. "I'm your friend."

"You stopped being my friend that time you called me gay in front of everyone," I said getting off the counter and walking to the door. 

"That's because you are Mikey! When can you stop ignoring it?!" He yelled at me. I froze, slowing turning to face Bryce. He looked scared and worried. 

"I'll stop ignoring it when being gay doesn't put a fucking target on my chest for murder." I told him. Bryce just stared at me, blankly. 

Me and Bryce used to be great friends, but when we were 13, I told him that I didn't like girls the way I should, but I liked boys. He told everyone and the label gay has stuck through everything. I don't care about being gay, its just the fact that if you are gay where I live, your instantly targeted for constant abuse, and possible murder. And I, being the person I am, I declined it, and got multiple girlfriends which made people believe I was straight. But it all went to shit the second year of high school.

"You are not targeted Mikey!" Bryce yelled as Grace and Melissa stood on the stairs watching the two of us. I shook my head, with a chuckle. 

"I will forever carry that target, and its all your fault Bryce," I hissed at him. "All fucking you."

The next morning, Grace seemed to have looked at me in a different way because she was acting cold towards me. I am not sure if it was that I never told her about me getting bullied or the fact me and Bryce had a massive fight last night and me blaming everything on him. 

I felt as if I was doing the walk of shame walking towards school. Bryce, and his friends, Jackson Krecioch, Justin Blake, and Tyler Brown were sitting outside the door while I walked towards it. Bryce was staring at me as I reached for the door, but Antonio pushed me against the wall, balling his fists in my shirt. 

"You're a fucking snitch Barone," He hissed as the scene became noticeable to Justin, Bryce, Jackson and Tyler. Bryce was standing up, staring at me, other students just past by the scene as if it wasn't a big deal, but others where watching. 

"You're an actual fucking faggot who can't keep his mouth shut!" Antonio yelled, and Bryce finally came closer. 

"Fucking drop him Wacker!" Bryce yelled to Antonio, as he grabbed Antonio's arms and pulling them off of me, then I fell to the ground. Bryce stood in front of me, as a way to protect me. 

"What are you doing Hall?!" Antonio yelled in fury. Bryce just shrugged looking at me then to him. 

"Something I should've done when I was 14."

Then Bryce punched Antonio, right across the face.