Chapter Eighteen; Spooks ✓

Ria's POV

4:30 am

I woke up extra early today. It was my second favorite day of the year. Halloween. The first is April Fool's day. You think it's my birthday? Pfft. Never, you'll know why. Keep reading, and it's not in this chapter. Who am I talking to?

My parents aren't here this day of the year and my dad made sure of it. He is my sensei and he taught me how to prank without getting caught. Anyway, it's Halloween and I immediately call Cole and the others up, no mercy style. It all went to voicemail as expected. So I left this message.

"I want to say goodbye to you guys" then pressed the end button to send it to them. This should alert them. Then I sneaked into my brother's room- warning; do not try this at home. I am a self-taught professional. I searched on the bedside table and felt foil. Is this what I think it is? I slid the square packet away and grabbed his phone as I found it and dashed out to my room.

I sent the guys a few missed calls to make it seem like an emergency.

I timed them and deleted the call history within the prank as I waited. In about 10-15 minutes I heard a motor and two cars. I think one car was the Porsche from the sound of it. Then there were banging on the door.

And right on time my target arrives, groaning and rubbing his eyes as he went to the door with a wooden bat.

I held in my laugh as my brother grumbled and made his way to the door. I sprint to his room and left his phone back on his table then ran back to my room.

"Where's Ria?!" I hear the three boys shout.

"She's sleeping! What the hell are you doing here?" my brother shouts back.

"She left a message. She sent a lot of cryptic stuff and you called us a lot of times! We panicked and drove her, did you check on her?"

I pretend to be really tired and made my way downstairs. I pretend yawn and hugged my brother.

"What's with all the yelling?" I drowsily ask. "Do you know what time it is?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's Monday morning and we still have school in a few hours, couldn't you have made you practical joke there?" My brother grumbled.

"It's Monday? And what joke?" I asked, the innocence dripping from my voice. The boys looked at me suspiciously.

"You left a voicemail and said you love us in a really..odd tone, then your brother called us multiple times." Cole flabbergasted.

"Did you even hold your phone yet?" I stare at Randy.

"No. I didn't" he glared at the boys. "In fact, I'll check right now."

"I'll show you my call history too" I unlocked my phone and showed the  my phone, no traces of my mischief. The guys scratched their heads. Randy tossed his phone at the boys, Brian catching it and showed them as well.

I looked at my phone again and as if I only knew now, "Oh, look at the date" I smirked then I jumped on my brother's back and shouted. "Happy birthday, Randy!"

The looks on their faces were priceless, and then it dawned on Randy and I laughed even harder, tears screaming down my face. 

"Guys, meet my psycho sister. It's a family tradition." my brother tries to explain. I wipe the tears away as I laughed even more. 

"Waking people up early in the morning is a tradition?" Cole asks in a dull tone, not processing anything.

"No. My father is in on this and he makes sure mom is not home for the day and my sister does all sorts of crazy stuff that would ruin my day. She's the best isn't she?" My brother sarcastically says.

"At least I remember when it's your birthday," I retort.

"So that explains why you had green hair on Halloween last year," Julian stifles a laugh and stands next to me. "Count me in next year, yeah?" He whispers and I nod.

"Shut up," My brother growled.

"Chill, I made pizza and cookies," I smile.

"Will you be eating?" Brian pulls all the attention to me.

"Yeah" I smile after a bit. The speech he gave me helped me back up. I walked to the kitchen with the guys and we began to eat.

Randy thanks me after a bit of cooling down. The guys decided to stay until we had to leave for school.

"There's this party at Tessa's house again. I heard that you're her guest-of-honor," Julian perked up at Randy.

"You can go ahead and party, it's your birthday and tomorrow's Soul's Day, it's a holiday so I think we can stay up," I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess." my brother shrugs.

"I'll be the designated driver, since you guys would undoubtedly be drunk and Ria has no license" Cole says out of the blue.

We all agreed.