Chapter Fourteen

Unfortunately, after the Hufflepuff received confirmation about the Slytherin rumour, they left back to the Hufflepuff dorms because Milo was absolutely freezing standing outside in his pyjamas

Unfortunately, after the Hufflepuff received confirmation about the Slytherin rumour, they left back to the Hufflepuff dorms because Milo was absolutely freezing standing outside in his pyjamas. However, due to their premature departure, they had missed out some intense drama as Milo would, later on, learn from his brother, as Draco had stooped as low to call Hermione a "mudblood." It was a disgusting and vulgar term as many in the magic community were aware of and the fact that Draco felt the need to use it was extremely unnecessary and distasteful. The Gryffindors seemed to agree, especially Ron as he pulled his wand on Draco, only to have it backfire. 

He had attempted to make Draco regret saying anything but he was the one left with slugs spewing out from his stomach and out onto the ground. Of course, the Slytherin team was beyond amused but to make things worse, Colin had shown up with his camera and before he was pushed away by Harry, he managed to get a few pictures that were currently circulating through the school. 

Fortunately, Harry and Hermione were able to get Ron to Hagrid, who was certainly quite the help in the situation. But Milo learned that he certainly wasn't alone when it came to calling Lockhart a fraud. According to Harry, when they had arrived, Hagrid was shooing off Lockhart, who insisted on informing him the proper technique to get a Kelpie out of well, while also telling the tale of how he had banished a banshee.

Besides Newt Scamander and Professor Kettleburn, Hagrid was the most knowledgeable when it came to magical creatures as the man had developed a deep fascination with them early on in his life. He didn't need "GoldieLockhart" to tell him anything. If anything Lockhart would probably benefit listening to someone who actually knew their stuff. 

Before the detention that he had to serve with Lockhart, Harry decided he wanted to spend some time in Milo's company as the two found an empty corridor and sat beside each other. Harry took the time to fill Milo in on everything he missed, leaving Milo to shake his head profusely at the end. 

"Answering his fan letters?" Milo repeated after Harry told him what Minerva had informed him his punishment would be. "I rather lick the underside of a toilet seat."

"I would rather have Ron's punishment of polishing trophies without magic, I know I could do that no problem. I've had plenty of practice before coming here." 

Harry said it with amusement to his voice, but Milo didn't find it the least bit funny. He was still not over the idea that he had shown up to see his brother to find the boy locked in a room with bars over his windows. In fact, the more he thought about it, he wished that he had kicked Vernon in the face rather than smack him. 

"Well, this might be one of the few rare times that I disagree with my mum," Milo said, "I don't think you should have to serve a detention. You and Ron are sorry for what you did and it's best just to get over the mess, you know? But I think you can survive tonight, just try your best to tune the man out as much as possible. I know an ear plug spell if you want to give it a go. I was thinking about using it in the next class I have with Lockhart."