Chapter 60: Stolen Fate

*WARNING: The following content may contain sexual contents* 

                Wang Feng waited until Wei Lan slept peacefully before he placed kisses on her forehead, nose, cheek, and lips. For nearly a month he had kept his distance to prevent his anger from saying anything cruel, or worst, take her roughly again. But in the end, because of the drug, he had to take her roughly - over and over until her temperature cooled. Recalling how desolated she was while she screamed for him, believing that someone other than him was holding her. With a heavy sigh, he touched her tear stained cheek and the closed swollen eyes.

"You keep on pushing me away. At the same time, you're frantically holding on, afraid to lose Wang Feng... Your fate, whatever it was, I have already stolen it" He smiles softly at her sleeping face. "This Wang Feng is not a good man... If I met her first, once I've laid sight of you, the one I'll want is you. Whether it's Chen Hua Lan or anyone else, I would have thrown her away to have Wei Lan. If you had already belonged to another, this Wang Feng would have killed him to steal you."

Feng lowered his head to nibble softly on her lips.

"Foolish woman, there could never be anyone else but you."

Wang Feng pressed a final kiss on Wei Lan's forehead before he left the bed. After he exited Ping, he gave strict orders that no one was to disturb his Wang Fei as she rested. Then he head to his study where six soldiers in black robes and armor stood waiting outside. Wang Feng entered his study where four guards waited on their knees. The four kneeling guards had been the ones in charge of protecting Wei Lan the previous day.

As soldiers of the Wang's army, they were trained to be the best and strongest in the country. Their general had trusted them with his Wang Fei, yet they failed to protect her. Their only saving grace was that they had caught Wei Lan when she flung herself out the window. If she had hit the ground, she would have been gravely injured. 

While their expressions were controlled to show no emotion, their hearts were shaking at the cold silence of their commander. They were prepared to receive punishment.

"100 whips each. Demote 3 ranks and send them out to Tian to retrain!"

Once the guards were taken away, Feng went to the far corner of the room where the sword stand was.

"Feng-ge!"

Li Xia had just entered Ping when she saw Feng with a sword in hand, leaving.

"Where are you going? Wei Lan jie-jie will need you when she wakes up"

"I will be back before Lan wakes" Feng said coolly while he walked passed Li Xia without stopping.

Wang Feng didn't bother to look back even with his sister frantic calling.