17: Love is Stupid

She stood on her spot frozen due to everything she just heard

She stood on her spot frozen due to everything she just heard. The pair was already gone because Jess walked out and Ysmael instantly followed her.

Boyfriend? Did she hear him right? Ysmael was Jessica's boyfriend? But Jordynn... what about her? God, what is happening?

"See how stupid love is?"

She almost jumped because of the familiar voice, before turning around and finding Jordynn leaning against the wall across her.

"Jordynn! How long have you been here? Did you—"

The girl smirked, "the dumbass still followed her like a lovesick puppy that he is. Yet he knew that my stupid sister won't ever love him the way she loves Judah. And then there's me, still holding on, waiting for the said dumbass to wake up and see what he's missing. Love isn't blind Wang, it is stupid. It makes you foolish and do crazy things."

Liandra sighed and leaned back the wall behind her too, "do you want to talk about it? I feel like I've always been a burden to you, bothering you with my problems, but not asking you about yours. So will you allow me to help you this time?"

Jordynn smiled and looked around first, before staring at something which caught her eyes—an abstract painting hung on the wall not-so far from where they stood. "The four of us met when we were kids. I was six years old, Judah; seven, Yael; eight, and my sister; ten. Yael was born blind but I was fascinated by him, how he still managed to laugh and love everyone around him despite the darkness that surrounds him.

"We were inseparable. I taught him how to play the piano while he taught me how to read the Braille. Judah and Jess, on the other hand, were the ones who were closer. They both love sports and being active, they easily got along. A year later, I had to leave for Seoul because my grandfather died and I was his favorite grandchild. I was the closest to him, too.

"I left without saying goodbye to Yael, because I was so sad, I can't do it. My stay was only supposed to last for a month but Grandma requested I stay with her longer, she's lonely without Grandpa. So I did, and I ended up staying for two years. I came back to New York and everything changed." Jordynn stopped for a while and looked back at her.

"What kind of change?," she asked thoughtfully.

"I was so happy when I found out that Yael can already see, but then he hated me for leaving him. He started sticking with my sister and he treated me like a stranger. It was painful for my young, naive heart. I stopped playing the piano because I got so mad at him; I tend to remember him when I play. But the one who changed the most was Judah. He became distant and cold, he wasn't the same boy I knew. Even to my sister who he was initially close with, he became the boy he still is until this day; the Ice Prince."

Lian can't stop the sadness that filled her chest. Jordynn was clueless too. Maybe it was the reason why she's so willing to help her find answers to her questions. She herself had a mysterious past that haunts her.