twenty

lea | alec

lea | alec

TAKING THE next train to reach the university, she takes the window seat watching the sky grow dark. She stares at the sky, the stars finally plucking up the courage to peek in the break of dawn but her mind is lost somewhere else, somewhere far from the simple pleasures of life.

It was no lie that Alec had stood her up but she refuses to believe that his excuse would be something childish that he was nervous to meet her like he actually stated. She mentally hopes he had a sane excuse but she's starting to wonder if there really was any.

lea, i'm so sorry.

A surge of emotions hits her skin immediately with a tinge of unaccomplished anger and humiliation stinging with it inanely.

why didn't you come, alec? i was waiting for you.

She waits for him to reply as she hopelessly stares into her phone. It takes him quite a while to reply back and she starts to wonder if he's actually scraping up an excuse to defend himself.

i had a thing to do. it was urgent. unexpected.

what thing?

The reply is instant.

it's personal.

Oh, her mouth purses. A flush of disappointment consumes her, causing her to flutters her eyes in confusion.

you do not want to tell me.

kind of.

i respect that.

She texts back, clearly not meaning it.

are you angry, lea?

i don't know, alec. you could've at least sent me a text that you won't be coming. i wouldn't have sat there like a complete loser waiting for someone who won't show up.

i'm terribly sorry, lea. i know it's inexcusable.

you didn't get hurt or something on the way, did you?

no. i'm fine.

okay.

wait, you're not seeing another woman or something, right?

that mind of yours. lol.