18

Evelyn's POV

I went through my parents mail, throwing away all of the junk that came through and neatly put what was important on the table. To my surprise the magazines I had subscribed through when I was fifteen were still coming in. I chuckled throwing the cosmopolitan with a pretty skinny girl as the cover across the table. I sifted through my parents mail, but one envelope had my name on it.

Curious, I took the envelope opener and I cut through the envelope and it revealed a folded paper. I bit my lip, unfolding it to reveal writing.

Hi Evie,

I forgot your other address oops, so I sent this to your parents. I know they're in France so I have no clue when you'll read this. But this whole no phone thing is a load of bullshit. I feel like I'm missing out of so much. But I miss you, but I guess I do pay attention a lot more in my surroundings.

How are you? I miss London so much, and how's the boys? I saw Tom's movie and that's totally insane that he's Spider-Man now. But of course, it was in Italian so when I come back I'll have to watch it again in its original language. But jesus his abs, I don't get how you haven't gone for that boy yet. Anywayssss, come home beginning of August so that's not too far away. But when I do come home you are telling me everything. Sorry this note is all over the place I'm kind of scatter brained. Also I think I gained weight this place has amazing food. Okay, love you. Bye

- Your best friend Kaya

Underneath her name was an address to send a letter back to her. Kaya was a bit of a wild child that somehow matched my crazy personality. I thought she was absolutely nuts for going to Italy with no phone as she visited family up there.

Kaya and I had met when we were both seventeen, she had become my friend when I was admitted into the hospital. We were both roomed and she was so forward with me when we first met he introduction laying everything out to me so I knew what I was getting myself into. The beautiful blonde had sadly attempted suicide, but her older sister finding her in time. The story very gruesome when she told me.

I had just gotten myself situated in the hospital and they were moving me into a new room, a part of the program that my parents had signed me up that was supposed to help me get better with many shrinks and nutritionists.

"This is your new room Evelyn, not home but definitely cozier than the room you were first brought into." The nurse sighed, opening the revealing a spacious room with two beds a strung back curtain that would separate the two. It didn't seem like a usual hospital room, it had nice grey walls and a bright light in the middle. My eyes scanned the room, there were little decorations lying around and pictures on the side of the wall that was near the wall sized window that looked out into the city.

"This is your new roommate, guys get comfortable with each other cause you two will be spending a lot of time together." The nurse implied, as I rolled my suit case that my mother had packed for me into the room.

"Doctor will come check up on you in an hour, so get situated." I nodded quietly at the nurse as she left the hospital room, shutting the door.

"Kaya Morrison." The blue eyed girl piped up, she looked around my age and she walked over to me holding her hand out for me to shake. I looked down at her hand, her wrist held the same lime green band that matched my own.

"Evelyn Loski." I replied quietly, letting go of her soft hands.

"What are you in for?" She asked observing as I walked away from her, to my suitcase to put away all my belongings to the dresser over on my side of the room.