Trouble (2)

Gilldy handed over her vase that she was holding to Petra and Gilldy along with the help of Jonas helped Rose walk back slowly into Narcissus House.  Rose's blood trailed behind her as the shards of glass that was embedded on her back dug into her back with every footstep. Siri watched in silence until Rose made it inside before she made her move. 

"Are you four not sorry for your mistake?"  Siri asked coldly.  "Or is it that you thought that you did not make a mistake so there was nothing for you to apologize for?"

All four maids hesitated before Anya fell down on to her knees and kowtowed. 

"It is this servants fault.  Please punish this servant for the accident."  Anya kowtowed three more times, but when she kowtowed there was no stain of blood on the stone pathway. 

"I don't believe you are sincere in your apology."  Siri said as she turn towards the four maids.  "Tell me, why is there glass on the pathway if the four of you are responsible for maintaining the courtyard?" 

The other three maids looked at each other before the three of them looked at Anya.  However Anya's face was level to the ground and could not give them any cues on what to say or how to act.  They did not think Princess Siri would come up with this counter attack so the three of them all fell to their knees and kowtowed as well.  However, no blood could be seen on the pathway where their heads kowtowed in forgiveness.

"As I said before, I don't believe any of you are sincere in your apology." Siri said slowly. 

"Princess.  It was my fault for knocking down servant Rose.  It was an accident.  Please punish me for my transgression."  Anya said once again pitifully.  "This servant apologizes for injuring servant Rose."

"I don't think the four of you know just how precious those vases that my maid carried in their arms."  Siri said as she lifted her dainty foot and laid it on top of Anya's head.  Siri pushed down Anya head with her foot until Anya's forehead hit the stone ground. The glass that was spilled on the pathway, cut into Anya's forehead slowly as Siri put her weight into her foot.  She then proceeded to do the same thing to the other three maids.  She had forced them to kowtow properly and make them apologize sincerely.  They would learn how to regret messing with Siri that day. 

"The vases are worth more that your life.  More than your family's life.  More than three generations of your clan's life."  Siri said as she looked angrily at the four maids.  She knew drama was going to follower her in the new courtyard with new servants.  She just didn't expect it to be in front of Ryu.  However, she knew something was wrong when the four servants didn't bow where they stopped working.  Instead they moved from their positions so they could stand on the pathway, to bow to them, when that never happened before.  "More than six generations of your clan's life.  Do you understand?"

The coldness in Siri's voice made Anya and the three maids shiver in fear.  They never heard her talk in such a cold demeanor before.  All four of them nodded their heads in unison as they understood just how valuable the vase was.  How could they pay Prince Ryu back should the vase be broken?  Because it was their job to clear the pathway of any debris and maintain the flower bushes any accident that happened in the courtyard would be their fault. 

"Now you all understand how important those vases are, kowtow properly and apologize to Prince Ryu for your laziness."  Siri said.  "Those shards of glass could have hurt anyone passing by.  It is all your responsibility to clean it up and yet, this large section of the pathway is littered with it.  Tell me, with eight eyes, did none of you see it or did you all choose not to see it?"

"Forgi--" Anya started to say. 

"If you're really sorry.  Kowtow properly.  I don't see any of your blood on the pathway.  The only blood I see is the blood of my maid, Rose who fell on her back to save the precious vase."  Siri said as she stared down at them.  

Not seeing a way out of their situation. The four of them kowtowed three times with force, hitting their foreheads on the stone pathway that was littered with glass that they placed there earlier that morning.  With each time they kowtowed, more glass were embedded into their forehead.  Blood seeped out and on to the pathway, staining it more red. 

"Now that kowtow was to Prince Ryu for almost breaking the precious vases."  Siri said.  "Kowtow three more times for your laziness in not maintaining my courtyard."

The four of them kowtowed three more time.  All three times, more blood stained the path way.  A pool of blood could be scene under each maid's head.

"Now, kowtow three more times for injuring my Rose."  Siri said softly.  "Because of your laziness and your clumsiness, my Rose is injured and will be on bed rest until she is healthy again.  Kowtow and beg for forgiveness."

The four of them began to feel injustice within their hearts.  How could she make them kowtow and ask for forgiveness for a servant?  The four of them all hesitated not wanting to go through with lowering themselves to apologize to someone who held the same standing as them. 

"No?"  Siri said as she raised her right eyebrow.  "Then your services are no longer needed."