16: the night before.

< there was an update a day ago, if you missed it, read it first xox

Also... The view count on each chapter is weird, how are y'all keeping up with the story? Are you's missing chapters??? ALSO DO YOU LIKE THE NEW COVER FOR THE STORY?????? X

It's been two weeks since I decided to join Harry in Holmes Chapel for Christmas. Our jobs were out for the holiday's and I haven't been more relieved to be away from that office and my boss. Who still watches me like a hawk and tells me off any time I even glance at my phone.

Harry's been working harder than ever, he still speaks to me thankfully but he's so focused on his job he sometimes forgets about me. Not that I complain, I understand where we stand and I know what he wants from this; me. Not in a sexual way but in a romantic way. He wants all of me to be his for the long run, spend numerous Christmases and birthday's together and all the cute shit that comes with it.

Harry was due to be picking me up first thing tomorrow morning, Christmas Eve. We decided it would be better to leave on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day. Plus it gives me a little time to grow comfortable with Gemma, Jack; her boyfriend, Anne and Robin.

It was currently twelve fifteen in the morning and I was tossing and turning, the heat of my room becoming unbearable even though the heating was on low. I couldn't tell if I was rustling around so much because I was annoyed I couldn't sleep or if I was nervous for tomorrow. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting anyone's family before; especially someone I fancy. Now it's happening I have the sudden urge to google appropriate things to talk about with your other halves family.

Every glance at my small clock on the unit beside my bed, it's only shown the numbers slowly moving up with each minute passing, each minute feeling like an eternity. I flung the duvet off my body, only in shorts and a baggy top that made my entire upper half look incredibly unflattering. I reached for my phone to text Harry hoping maybe a small chat on the phone could help me sleep, like we've done numerous times before.

To Harry, 12:24am,
You awake? X

What felt like an infinite amount of minutes passing by in slow motion I was smiling in the dark when my phone loudly buzzed.

From Harry, 12:28am,
Why are you still awake?xx

To Harry, 12:28am,
Can't sleep. You? X

From Harry, 12:29am,
Just finished my packing and putting stuff in the car. You wide awake?

To Harry, 12:30am,
Yep, doubt I'll sleep AT ALL :( x

And silence. I was left on read and rudely ignored, I know Harry and I have had many discussions about this — ignoring each other's messages I mean, as in we shouldn't do it as it'll lead both our overthinking minds into melt down. Yet, he's done it. He must have been incredibly tired so I don't blame him for falling asleep on me.

I couldn't help but think about tomorrow, well today. Harry said he told his mother my name and I'm just his friend, which I was sad to hear but it was the truth, I guess. We kiss and cuddle, but we aren't anything official just yet but I wouldn't go as far as deciphering us as friends with benefits as neither of us like that term for what we have. We are sort of floating around in the middle of friends and something more, it's confusing because we know what we want but trying to do it all the right way is proving to be harder than we assumed.

I'm not exactly sure what 'the right way' means, I don't think there is a particular way to do things like progress a relationship but Harry and I really want this to work out, so we'll try anything to ensure it happens. I was the one holding him back and I know that, he wants to sleep in his underwear and wrap his arms around me, sit me on his lap or introduce me to his family. But I'm throwing around the line 'we don't know each other' and 'it's too soon'. I'm pushing him back just before he has even taken a step forward, it's like rolling the dice and preparing yourself to move around the board and someone knocking your piece five steps back. Annoying. Irritating. And that's me, both of those things. He says it doesn't bother him in the slightest, but I know it does.