Imagine 16 (True Feelings)

You were going to hang out with your ex tonight. You decided not to tell anyone though because they'd definitely get mad and lecture you about it.

During the time you were hanging out, your phone was going off for 80% of it. It was the one time you were gonna stay off your phone but the messages/calls wouldn't stop. You grabbed your phone and looked to see who was spamming it. It was Carisi. You decided now that it would be a good time to head home and see what he wanted.

You got home to your apartment to see your roommate and partner Carisi just waiting for you at the door.

"Where the hell were you (Y/N)? I've been worried sick about you!" He said before you were even halfway into the apartment.

"I was hanging out with (Ex's name)." You replied with.

"Why were you hanging out with them? You know they're no good for you."

"They've changed Sonny!"

"They've changed? Are you hearing yourself right now (Y/N)? This is the same person who cheated on you the night before your anniversary! The same person that's constantly told you they've changed and then they keep breaking your heart!"

You were starting to get angry as he said this. He doesn't understand. He doesn't know (Ex's name) like you do.

"I think they really have this time though!" You said back defensively.

"That's the same thing you've said the last 5 times (Y/N)."

"It's not like that."

"It is like that (Y/N)! You keep going back to him and he does the same shit because you allow him to! You allow him to use you and then you wonder if he's the problem!"

At this point, you were just done. You walked straight to your room and slammed the door without saying a word.

Carisi was stubborn and persistent though. He stayed right at your door and continued talking.

"Listen (Y/N), I know you always see the good in people and are optimistic about change but some people are just incapable of it. I mean what does that asshole even know about you?"

"They know a lot about me actually." You fired back with.

You were too angry to open your door and talk to Sonny face to face.

"Do they know you love peppermint hot chocolate on cold winter days or that everyday you make a wish at 11:11? Do they know that you love to sing while you cook? Have they ever been there for you during your worst panic attacks or calmed you down after a bad nightmare? Have they ever held you when you were sick or even just tired? Do they even know what your fucking favorite color is?" Sonny said with frustration in his voice.

"Why do you even care Sonny? This is my life not yours."

"Why do I care? Because I'm in love with you (Y/N) and I'm tired of seeing you get hurt. You deserve someone who treats you like you're the only thing that matters."

You opened the door to your room and looked deeply into Sonny's icy blue eyes. You couldn't believe what he just said. How could you have been so oblivious to his true feelings?

"I've been in love with you since we first started working together 2 years ago....I never said anything because of the possibility that you wouldn't feel the same way and I didn't wanna lose our friendship because of it."

"Sonny, you should've told me sooner. The reason I always went back to (Ex's name) was because I didn't wanna admit to myself that I had feelings for you. I mean you're my best friend and partner! I didn't wanna jeopardize it either." You said with a nervous tone.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier (Y/N). The thought of losing you terrified me." He said back.

You couldn't help but pull Carisi into a hug and apologize for getting so upset.

"(Y/N).....would it be weird to say I love you right now?" Sonny asked.

"Not at all." You said back.

"Then I love you."