Trip through the dark.

Elle walked quickly home and took the necklace off. She slipped it into her pocket when she heard Alura coming to her room.

"You're back," Alura's pretty face lit up. "what did you buy?"

"Just some vegetables." Elle answered.

"Oh, I'll take them into the kitchen." Alura said picking up the basket.

Elle sat on her bed with a worried look. Taking the maps from her bed side table she started to think she should leave Westerfort. She had always wanted to leave and travel around the lands.

"I should go to Oldnesse." she whispered to herself.

Alura heard her and popped back into the room. "Why do you want to go there Ell?"

"I want to travel," Elle answered. "I heard that that town has wise old wizards, nothing like that is in this forsaken town. And maybe I can find my Mum and Dad else where."

"If you leave I shall leave with you, though I am not one for moving out of my comfort zone." Alura said.

"Then it's settled." Elle said in joy. "We should leave in a few days, get ready."

Alura put her hands on her hips. "We don't have to be so hasty. I don't think we should leave so soon, what about our house and land and.."

"If you think like that it won't get you very far." Elle interrupted. "Don't you want to explore and do what your heart tells you."

"I'll think about it." Alura replied and her blue prominent eyes sparkled as she thought to herself.

Elle watched Alura leave so she could take out the necklace again. She put it back on despite the attention it draws. The sun shone in the middle of the sky now. Elle had forgotten to go back to the stables with the money for now she had other things on her mind.

She got up and went into her closet. Pulling out some clothes she started to pack a large black bag. She then grabbed the leather bag from under her bed and put it on top of the bed. Walking into her kitchen quietly to avoid Alura's attention she grabbed food from the cupboard to last her a few days. She also took a pan to cook with and a canteen.

She filled the canteen with water from the barrel in the kitchen. In her room again Elle changed into a soft, flowing brown dress. She then put on a of light green loose belt around her hips. Once she had packed the rest of the things she needed she got out her weapons.

She had two shinny daggers with the handles wrapped in leather. She put them in holders on her belt one one each side. Swiftly she took them out and spun them in her hands with great skill and put them back.

Then she sat by the window in her room which looked out the front of her house. The mid spring sun beamed down on her flawless face.

* * * *

It was now getting dark, the sun half set on the horizon. Elle still looking out her window. Out of boredom she tapped her long nails on the bedside table, looking to see if anyone was coming for her.

Then down the end of the street Elle could see a group of men approaching with Merad. They all were in army clothing and she wasn't surprised to see Cayton was one of them. They all had swords at their sides.

Elle rushed from the window to her packed bags and swung them on her back. She also got her bow and quiver full of arrows and put on her cloak. She snuck out the back door of her house.

Trying her best to not be seen she hid behind some bushes and watched the men go to her door. Lord Merad knocked on the door. Alura soon answered it with shock on her face.