Oldnesse.

Closer and closer Elle came towards the lights. Soon she could see the tall wooden walls. The touch lights she saw sat on top of the walls close to the gates. She arrived at the gate but it was closed.

Confused about the closed gate she grabbed the large black door knocker ring on the old door and tapped it loudly. One of the gates doors got opened by a old man. His black robe dragged along the dirty cobble street as he moved.

"Who goes there?" He said.

"I am a traveler wanting a bed for the night." Elle replied.

"Alright then come on in and welcome to Oldnesse young lady." The man said.

Elle smiled at him and walked in on Quest slowly. The town was dark and gloomy. She felt it slowly drag her in. People turned their heads and watched her as she rode through as if they had never seen a horse rider before.

A mysterious building surrounded by a withering garden caught her eyes. A sign hanging from the building swung in the wind and said The Howling Hunter Inn. It stood two stories above the ground. The first story made of stone covered with moss and the second of aged wood. The roof had dark tiles, some were missing.

Elle dismounted and tied Quest to a pole nearby. She opened the old wooden door. A round faced bearded man in an apron greeted her. He looked old and his under eyes sagged.

"Welcome to the Howling Hunter Inn, I be Durrum. Are ye lookin' for a room or an ale or both?" The man said in a dusty voice.

"For now, Just a room please, oh and i'm Elle pleased to meet you." Elle said.

"Burtiaos take this fine ladies bags and set her horse in the stables." Durrum said to a hunched man whose face looked sad.

"Yes, yes." He said shading his face under his hood, his black eyes scanned the floor. He glared at Durrum then waddled out the door murmuring inaudible words.

"Follow me too your room." Durrum said taking lead.

Elle looked around the Inn. It was full of noisy drunken voices the smell of beer lingered in the warm air. Cheer, song and laughter were heard mostly. Yet in the dark corners of the room some people were far from cheerful. Their low and desolate faces made her feel uncomfortable. She followed Durrum up the creaky stairs. Down a long hallway were many rooms and down the far end was hers.

"Here is your room." Durrum opened the door to a simple room.

"Thank you," Elle smiled and walked in studying it. "it's perfect."

"Perfect?" Durrum laughed. "It's just a boring ol room."

"It has a bed, four stable walls and a roof that I hope won't cave in. What else could I ask for?"

"A palace with golden walls and anything you desire given to you without delay."

"Oh, in that case I'll take that room."

Elle didn't stay long in her room after Durrum left. She went back down stairs and sat at the bar on a plain wooden stool. The bar stretched around the shelfs of drinks and barrels of larger on the floor. Tin cups hung over head and candles sitting on the walls lit the room. The rest of the room was filled with tables in chairs.

"I'll have a pint of your best larger Durrum." She said.

Durrum grabbed a large tin cup and filled it with beer. "Here you go."

Elle sipped the drink and looked around the room again. Strange hooded men leaded against the walls, smoking their pipes. Amongst them she saw a grey old man is an olive green robe. He held a green staff with a large emerald sitting on the top.