Chapter 27 - Reminisce

Wow I haven't updated in forever. School is crazy and so is everything else in my life.

This chapter will be very confusing, especially if you haven't read the Story of Us in a while. It's a whole bunch if flashbacks so I'm sorry if you get a little lost.

Enjoy!

Kian opens the door to his car and not-so-gently pushes me into the passenger seat, leaning in and buckling my seatbelt before closing the door and walking around to the other side of his car. He gets in the drivers side and starts the car.

The car ride is filled of music playing softly from the stereo and an angry-looking Kian driving us away from the beach that brought so many memories. As he drives, I pay close attention to the roads we pass. I see some familiar ones that I know I've walked or skated down before, and I smile at the hazy memories. When we pass the road that led to my house, I press my finger to the window, remembering everything that happened since I moved here.

I try to think of everything at the same time, wondering if all I this has been a good change, or not.

*****
"Are you new here? I haven't really seen you here before," he says flashing a smile.

"Uh, yeah," I say laughing a bit. "I literally just flew in like an hour ago."

"Oh, well I'm Sam, and you are?" He introduces himself.

"Oh I'm Madison, but you can call me Maddie."

"Hi Maddie!" He addresses.

"Dude who'd we hit?" I hear a voice say from behind Sam.

I crane my neck to see behind him and see a tall boy jogging up behind him.

"Oh, this is Madison, she's new," Sam informs this guy.

"Oh hi. I'm Kian," the boy says. He has brown hair in a semi-quiff style and he has a broad smile. I can't really see his eyes either. But I can see his earring that look similar to a pair I own.

*****

"Hey Emily!" He responds, waving to a pretty brunette with a tan complexion.

The girl walks up to us quickly, a smile plastered on her features.

"What are you doing here?" She asks in a chirpy voice.

"Just hangin' out with these two," he says pointing to me and Sam.

"Who's this?" She questions, her eyes wandering to me and a smile directed my way.

This girl seems pretty nice, but it's almost as though her smile is permanent.

"This is Madison, she's new here," he answers.

"Hi Madison! I'm Emily!"

"Hi Emily!" I greet her.

"So do you guys mind if I join?" She asks.

Kian looks from me to Sam before nodding at her and we begin exploring the mall again.

*****

I remember Emily's words, and keep my mouth sealed for a while.

"Kian," I look away from him and mentally face-palm. I turn back to him and place my hand over his, bringing his eyes up to mine. I don't say anything, hoping he'll get the message from my eyes.

He laughs lightly, smiling at me before leaning in.

At first, I lean in, but at the last second, I suck out of the way if what would have been a kiss.