The Road to Temes.

"Is this going to be long term?" Elle asked as her and Stinger walked side by side holding their horses reins.

Stinger was wearing a red shirt with small silver buttons. Around his waist he wore a frayed belt which held a sheath and sword. "What is?"

"You following me?"

"I'm not following you, I have business of my own."

"What business would a ranger like you have around these parts?"

Stinger brushed his hands through his shaggy brown hair "And what business does an Elf have?"

"How do you know I'm an Elf?"

"The ears are a big give away." Stinger smiled and turned quickly back to Elle. "You know what maybe we should get to know each other a little better since it's a long road ahead. You don't want to be stuck with a complete stranger do you?"

"Why yes, lets start off with whats your name lone ranger?"

"I'm Elwood Leverson but most call me Stinger. And whats yours lone Elf?"

"The names Elle Moonscar."

Elle looked a Elwood and noticed a scar across his left cheek on his handsome face. "Where did you get that scar?"

"From fighting.." Elwood said while rubbing his slight cleft chin.

Elle opened her mouth but then decided to say no more about it, she knew it troubled him.

"I'm curious, how old are you Elle?" Elwood asked.

"I'm twenty three."

"Ah, so not at the Elven coming of age yet which is quite young considering what age Elves live too." Elwood looked up at the trees. "They say some Elves are still living since the first Elf kind. Which is thousands and thousands of years ago."

"I'm actually half Elf so I'm not sure what will happen to me then?" Elle pointed out.

"Maybe you get to choose, the gift of immortality or the doom of mortal life." Elwood looked down.

Elle thought to herself and Yori's words from last night rung in her head. She thought maybe this is what she was talking about when she told her to make the right choice. Elle tried to forget about it and shock her head lightly.

"Is something wrong." Elwood asked, worried.

"No, no." Elle replied still shaking her head.

Elwood looked at her as if she were strange. "Okay?"

"Wait, I forgot to ask, how old are you?"

"Damn, I knew that was coming." Elwood tutted to himself and took a deep breath "I'm thirty two."

"You make it sound so bad. In my opinion you look much younger."

Elwood grinned sweetly then quickly turned back to seriousness. "I think we should start riding, we must quicken our pace though I'm guessing you are not in a rush." He said.

"You beat me to my words." Elle said smartly as she saddled up onto Quest.

Elwood soon mounted too and they rode swiftly down the road. The empty roads proved great for their fast horses. Elle trotted ahead of Elwood but as he came closer she went a little faster. Slowly their travel turned into a race. The hooves pounded loudly in the quiet forest disturbing birds that flew away at first sight of the riders.

Elle felt free as the air blew on her fair face and the wind took her hair. She looked back at Elwood and smiled. Elwood didn't want to lose the race and tried his best to keep Xyfare up with Quest.