Chapter Seventeen

The barrage of arrows flew through the air, knocking down a large portion of the charging orcs, but it was nowhere near enough to stop them.

'Ribed bant!' Aragorn ordered and arrows flew freely.

"Send them to me! C'mon!" Gimli said shaking his axe. 

The Urik-Hai shot their crossbows and a few of the elves around me fell. Anger bubbled up within me, and my hackles rose.

"Ladders," Legolas said quietly to us, letting another arrow fly.

"Good," Gimli grunted.

I watched as the large metal ladders rose into view and berzerkers upon them. Gimli was one of the first to kill one, swinging his axe into its face.

I let Gimli off before I charged at a Urik-Hai, dodging swords and axes as I went.

"Legolas," I heard Gimli cry out. I turned and saw that he had two fingers up. "Two already!"

"I'm on seventeen!" Legolas cried out from behind me.

Gimli grew outraged at this. "Argh! I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!" he yelled, killing another Urik-Hai.

They are having a competition! I thought, realizing what was going on. Well then, game on!

I jumped on a berzerker i after Urik-Hai bringing them down one after another.

"Nineteen!" Legolas cried out.

Nice. I thought. I'm on 13 already.

One after another, Urik-Hai after Urik-Hai fell, but as many we managed to bring down, there always seemed to be twice as more coming up. 

Thirty, thirty-one... I thought as I charged through the orcs.

I then heard Aragorn cry out in elvish. 'Togo hon dad, Legolas!'

I looked up for a second and saw a Urik-Hai running towards the metal grate below me. An arrow flew by me and I knew it was Legolas. The arrow met its mark, but Urik-Hai ran as if Sauron himself was at his heels.

'Dago hon! Dago hon!'

Another arrow was shot but the Urik-Hai continued crashing into the grate. A giant explosion then followed and I yelped as the ground below me blew away and I fell to the ground below.

The impact knocked the wind out of me and it took me a second to get back onto my feet, only to be almost knocked down again by the flooding water. Shaking my head, I saw myself surrounded by five Urik-Hai. I smirked the best a wolf could before wiping the five out.

"Forty-seven," I said before going after more Urik-Hai.

That fall took more out of me than I initially realized, and I felt my strength begin to fade.

I then saw Aragorn and Gimi in the heart of the oncoming orcs, and I fought my way over there.

"Gimli, Aragorn," I said killing an orc that came desperately close to hitting Aragorn.

"Adolpha! I'd never thought I'd bee so happy to see you," Gimli said happily. "Do you mind?" he asked patting my back.

I shook my head. "Not at all," I replied crouching down a bit so it was easier for him to get onto my back. "Hold on."

I leaped forward and I heard Gimli shout out, swinging his axe around in the air, killing orcs and Urik-Hai as we went. 

'To the Keep! Pull back to the Keep!' I heard Aragorn's strong voice over the sound of the battle, and I took no time to change my direction and begin to retreat.