Chapter 16 - Revelations

"Ahhhhhhh!" Wanda screamed out as she jumped up and down. "I'm so happy to see you!" She reached out for a hug.

Natasha laughed. "I can see you've had your Wheaties this morning!" Natasha took a step back and looked at Wanda. "Hi! I'm glad to see you too!"

They started walking into the mall to do a little shopping.

"What is new with you, girl? You look amazing, by the way," Natasha said.

"Ohhhh, so much. Soooo much, Natasha," Wanda smiled. "I'm seeing someone," she said cryptically. "You know him..."

"Please don't say Tony," she joked. She knew who Wanda was going to say.

"I've been dating Viz." Wanda's eyes widened as she tried to contain herself.

"Aww, Wanda, that's great. How's it going? I can tell you're excited."

"He's so nice to me, Natasha. He's just so thoughtful and does all these nice things for me." Wanda's face was beaming.

Natasha threw an arm around Wanda's shoulder as they walked. "I'm so happy for you, you absolutely deserve this."

They detoured into a shop that Wanda pointed out. She started throwing clothes over her arm like she was on a mission. Natasha followed her, casually looking through clothes racks but not committing to anything. Thankfully the mall was not crowded because it was the middle of a weekday, Wanda was all over the place. Natasha followed her back to the dressing room and sat in a chair in the waiting area.

Wanda started talking through the dressing room door. "So, Nat, tell me... have you called Steve back yet?"

"How did you know?" Natasha played stupid.

Wanda stuck her head out the door and gave Natasha a "come on" look. "You know I talk to Steve all the time, right?"

"Yes, I called him back."

"You have to be kidding me... is that it?" Wanda called out. "That's all you're giving me?"

"Well, I did move in with him..."

Wanda busted out of the dressing room in her bra and jeans. "Holy hell! How did you not tell me this sooner? I had a feeling you were dating but ...what?"

Natasha laughed her head off.

"Uh, yeah, I moved in there with him. It's temporary though."

Wanda looked at her sideways. "Temporary... mmm hmmm."

"What?" Natasha laughed. "Why does no one believe me when I say that?"

"Because that man loves you - and you're going to fall for him," Wanda said confidently... then remembering maybe she shouldn't have said that as her eyes widened.

Natasha's brow furrowed a bit. "He loves me?"

"Oh, come on..." Wanda hummed.

"Do you mean he told you this?" Natasha asked.

"No, I don't think he's ever said it out loud. But he loves you, okay? I know." Wanda raised an eyebrow at her.

Natasha looked down as butterflies moved through her stomach.

"Natasha?"

No response except a long exhale...

"Nat? What? - It's not that strange to hear, is it?"

"Well..." Natasha tilted her head.

"What?" Wanda pleaded.

"Yeah, it's a little strange to hear," she admitted. "I don't think anyone's ever said that to me before," she said slowly.