Chapter 14

Although Lauren was back in school, she wasn't allowed to partake in any sport activities yet. She was keen on driving Camila home though. She sat down as she watched Camila dribble the ball left and right but instead of admiring her skills, she was admiring everything about the brown eyed girl. Her dedication, her passion, her warm brown eyes cautiously watching other players.

She didn't even realize Lucy sitting down beside her, smirking at the sight of her watching Camila, as expected.

"How's the girlfriend?"

Lauren sighed. That's another issue, isn't it? She liked her and was pretty sure Camila liked her too but are they dating? Not really. Lauren knew that she was probably going to be the one who had to ask Camila to be her girlfriend but she honestly lost the courage.

"She's not my girlfriend." But in my dreams she is.

"Well then, what are you doing ? Go ahead and ask her."

"It's not that easy, Lucy." She told her friend, who scoffed at her.

"It is. Honestly, you're making this complicated. You've went on dates, you've kissed for fuck's sake, you've told each other you have crushes on each other, just date already!" Lucy was as frustrated as the two stubborn girls. She could see the love radiating between them and she knew that they cared about each other. Yes, title didn't matter in a way.. they cared about each other and that's enough. But Lucy was sick of hearing Taylor Hill talk about Camila to her gang of friends as if she could still win Camila over. And she knew Lauren was too.

"I want to make it special for us both. I wanna take it slow. I don't want her to think she's one of those girls that I- you know." Lucy noticed the sadness taking over Lauren's face. She forgot all about Lauren's past reputation and she was pretty sure so has Camila.

"Lauren, I think she knows that. She knows that you changed. For her. She might be insecure but don't you think calling her your girlfriend would solidify your relationship? Make it official, tell her you're serious." Lucy was never this wise, but it just seemed like the obvious thing to do.

"You think so?" She asked, her eyes still set on the girl she was so in- she cared about.

"I know so."

--

"OMG! Jack and Ray skipped school to go on a vacation in Havana, that's so sick!" A cheerleader told her friend. (A/N lol this promo is so cringy but it works okay.)

"Really? Isn't Havana like in Hawaii?" Another answered as she tapped on the boys' picture. Camila hit her face with her palms as she walked inside the locker room to get the fuck away from those dumbos.

She swiped her sweat with her towel but before she got inside, she was stopped by the leader of those dumbos.

"I promise they're not all that dumb. The cheerleader stereotype isn't real you know?" Taylor smiled but Camila simply lifted her eyebrows and glanced at the two girls still on their phones.

"I promise it's just the two of them. Not all of us are like that."

"I know. I was kidding. You definitely cross that stereotype. How perfect are you anyways? You're pretty, rich family, incredibly intelligent, like what can't you do?" She meant it as an innocent compliment but it came out as flirting in Taylor's ears.

"And I'm not dating the equally dumb jock." She winked.

"True."

"I have more of an eye for hot, clever girls." Taylor smirked and though Camila was oblivious, she wasn't that oblivious.