Chapter 10: Classes and Episodes

- ALEXANDERS POV -
I wake up well rested for once. I wake up because hear Thomas's alarm go off and feel him shift.

"C'mon love, classes start today!" I say excited, with a touch of anxiety along with it.

"But Alex... I want to sleeeep!" He says rolling over to face me. We're still on the couch and it's 7 am. I slept for 16 hours last night. That's crazy. I stand up and Thomas groans.

"What now?" I ask him, laughing.

"You're warm and you just walked away from me." He says, a fake pout on his face.

"I'll make you coffee."

"I'm coming."

After we drank all of our coffee, we went to our room to get dressed. I pulled on a black hoodie and jeans, with a pair of old red converse. Thomas grabbed a blue sweatshirt and jeans, with gray vans. We grab our bags and walked out the door hand in hand, be reconsidered remembering what happened at the park. Nobody except my friend group knows about us yet. We both have Debate first, so we get to walk together.

We find desks next to each other and sit there until class starts and Washington walks in.

"Hello students! I'm Professor Washington. First off, I'm going to assign seats. Jefferson and Hamilton, you two are coincidentally in the right seats already! Across from them will be..." I zone out, glancing at Thomas, who looks happy that we're in next to each other. Washington hands out the syllabus and I jump when I slams on my desk.

"You ok, son?"

"Don't call me son."

Washington walks away, exasperated. It's just a habit to refuse his nickname, and while I've grown to know and sort of like it, impulse and fear keeps me denying it. I hear Washington read the syllabus in the back of my mind, but my thoughts are consumed by Thomas. By the way he's staring into space, I can tell he's doing the same of me. The thought makes me blush slightly.

"Hamilton? Did you hear me?" Washington asks, glaring at me a little.

"Sorry, no, sir. What was that?" I ask, red faced.

"Read the fourth paragraph of the syllabus, please." He says, rubbing his temples a little. I hear him mumble, "only the fourth time I've asked.." I read and pay a little more attention, but I'm still distracted. The bell rings and makes me jump.

"Class dismissed! Except for you, Hamilton. I'd like to speak with you for a moment. I shoot Thomas a glance telling him to wait outside for me. He nods just enough so that only I can see it. He walks out nonchalantly, as if nothing happened.

"What is it, sir?"

"Alex, no one else is here. You can call me Dad like you usually do." I nod and rub my neck, embarrassed.

"I kept you here because you seemed very... distracted with a certain Thomas Jefferson?" My face went from pink, to red, to no blood at all realizing what he said.

"He's your SoulMate, isn't he?" Washington asks, and I nod.

"I know it's not... ideal but I hope you can at least keep considering me your son and not..." I trail off. I didn't think Washington was homophobic, but I couldn't be too safe.

"Son, if you think I'm going to kick you out or ditch you because you're in a gay relationship, you need to get your head checked. I love you as though you were my blood. I will support anything you do or whoever you love, as long as you love them and they love you. He does love you, right?" He asked.

"Yeah. He's really helped with the anxiety and depression. He's a life saver, really. When I was sick, he called the ambulance, and when I couldn't eat, he helped me and I could bring myself to." Washington nods and pulls me into his arms. I wrap my arms around him, and he stiffens, as I usually don't make physical contact to him or Martha.