Dope

"How do I look?"

"I would fuck you. Does that say enough?" Lauren replied with a pillow over Normani's head.

"You missed. Geez Lo, I thought you were a softball player."

"Exactly, not a basketball player. Two completely different things." Lauren replied as she checked her reflection once more before leaving. It's not that she doesn't trust Normani's judgement, it's just she's insecure of how she looks.

"Lo, I promise you, you look wonderful." Normani said and she could here the sincerity of her voice. But would Camila think the same?

"She's gonna love it. Fuck, that girl is so whipped it hurts me that you can't even see it." Normani told her, as if she was reading her mind

The thing about Camila was.. she was beyond ordinary. She was anything but ordinary. Camila Cabello was a hurricane in a crowd full of drizzles.

Lauren didn't know how she got lucky but she was paired with her for a class project. Things lead to other things and here they were as friends who occasionally flirts with each other and maybe sorta liked each other.

It hurt of course, with Camila's reputation, Lauren had to endure watching her not so tiny crush flirt with literally all the girls in school, both straight or gay.

That's just how Camila works. She doesn't even try. She's just too nice to everyone and people claim her jokes as flirting. Lauren didn't feel special but.. Camila seemed to pay more attention towards her.

She walks her back home to school every Thursday after Mrs. Clementine's class. She lends Lauren books for her to read and discuss with her. She makes sure no one teases her about her goddamn thick glasses. Instead of complimenting her looks, she praised her beautiful heart and intelligent mind.

But most importantly. She kissed Lauren. Lauren hopes she doesn't kiss anyone else.

However, after that kiss, Camila changed. She still does her little gimmicks but she distanced herself from Lauren. Lauren thought that she regretted it and basically wanted to get rid of Lauren from her life but what are best friends for right? Normani, who dated 3 boys before (which is 3 more than any relationships Lauren has ever been in) (which makes her an expert) seemed to think Camila just needed some space because she liked Lauren.

Well, it's been weeks. Fuck all the space in the world, Lauren is making her feelings clear.

So there she was. With makeup on and that strapless dress and those high heels, ready to steal that brown eyed girls heart.

--
She hated the party even once she stepped in. She just didn't enjoy the dancing and the dark lights and the strangers. This was definitely not her usual Friday night.

She immediately caught a guy's eyes. A pretty hot one in fact. Too bad she liked girls.

"Lauren? You look um- gorgeous." Tony said, smiling charmingly at the green eyed girl. She knew him from their physics class. He was one of the popular soccer jocks but he never did once bat his eye on Lauren.

"Thanks." She replied shortly and it didn't take a genius to know she wasn't interested.

"Um- you wanna- go and dance?" Tony tried again, definitely not wanting to give up on getting a dance with the hottest girl in the room.

"No thanks. I'm- kinda waiting on someone."

"Oh- okay. Sorry- you're really pretty Lauren, I'll see you around?"

"Yeah." She said awkwardly as she watched him leave.

"He's cute." Normani commented as she took a sip of her drink.