Chapter Twenty-One; Exams ✓

Ria's POV

"How did you guys do for exams today?" Randy brings up.

"Wasn't that hard since I listen to the teacher," I shrug.

"We're not as smart as you though," Cole laughs as he took a bite of his pizza.

"Gym is the only class left and I heard that Coach would just let us have a free time since we had nothing to have exams about," Julian muffled out as he munched on his ham sandwich. I was about to pick up my sandwich when Randy snatched it from my plate.

"Hey! That's mine," I shout at him as I shot him a glare.

"Yeah but I already finished mine and I need more," he whined before taking a bite out of it. I reached out to grab what's left of it. The guys suddenly froze and stared at my extended my arm. I was confused at first but suddenly remember my little secret. Before I could pull my hand back Brian grips it and exposed the wound then looked at me in disbelief.

"Since when was this?" He asks, searching for the answer in my eyes. "Since when?" He growled after I didn't answer.

"The day before we went to the amusement park," I sigh.

"Ria, I thought you said you were okay?" Randy looked at me with concern.

"Does that mean you weren't watching Hachi?" Julian's attempt to lighten up the mood. I shook my head as I hung my head low and looked at my lap, withdrawing my hand from Brian.

"I know that we're not girls for you to easily talk about life to but we'll try our best to listen to you, like you listen to us and make us feel better in return. Out of all the people, you're the last person we expect this from and we want to be there for you when you need us," Cole says beside me as he pulled me closer to him, kissing the top of my head. I looked up at them and the guys nod in agreement.

"Thank you, I don't know why I deserve you guys," I start to cry.

"We should be the ones saying that, but with all seriousness please promise us that you won't hurt yourself anymore," Julian pleads. I nod as I wiped my tears away and smiled at them.

-•-*-•-

Gym class just ended and we were about to change back to our casual clothes when a ball flew over to us and hit my brother on the head. He fell down with a thud and was knocked out then laughter erupted from the opposite side of the court. I stormed over to them, Julian and Brian following after me leaving Cole with Randy. I felt like stream was going to come out of my ears as my blood boiled in anger. NOBODY hurts my brother- except me, because that's the way we show our love.

"Look, he sent his little minion to attack us," the guy laughs as he addressed to his friends.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I scream at him, my voice sounding more threatening than I expected.

"Wait, I recognize you. Yeah, you're the unicorn that wanted to grant my wishes" he smirks, undressing me with his eyes which got me more riled up.

"I was drunk and you're stupid to take advantage of a girl," I hissed.

"I won't be taking advantage of someone who so desperately wanted to grant my desires. It wasn't until your friend and brother beat me up. They're lucky that my friends weren't there"

"I guess you can't be all high and mighty without your goblins," I scoffed. He smirked, stepping closer to me but I stood my ground and he took this as a challenge.

"Your brother is nothing compared to me," he raised his brow with a smirk.

"How dare you!" I shout at him and was about to punch when Brian holds me back.

"He's not worth it, let's go," he whispers. I yanked my hand back from him and shot him a glare, making him step back. I would never back out from a fight.

"Oh what's wrong? Did I get his little sister riled up? Does he always cower behind you for safety? You're brother can't even keep a girl because nobody can fall in love with him long enough." he scoffed. 

That was it. I snapped. I clenched my fist and not tucking my thumb into it as I swung my fist at him, hitting him square on the jaw. He didn't expect it and took the blow too hard as he fell with a thud and spit blood as he glared at me.

I turned on my heel and left, straight to the clinic to check on my brother. When I got there, Randy had an icepack to the side of his face. I rushed to his side and hugged him.

"I'm okay," he chuckled as he hugged back. Once he pull away he pulled my hand and inspected it. Why is everyone very observant today?

"You punched him?" He asks with his eyebrows raised.

"I told her he wasn't worth it," Brian scoffs and gives me an icepack. I gently pressed it onto my knuckles and soothed the pain.

"It was worth it. One, because he insulted my brother and that was our job-" I received a curse from my brother "-Two, because he was the guy who touched me-" I shiver. "-And Three, my dad would be proud anyways. He told us to never allow anyone to disrespect our family name." Yes, our dad is badass whilst my mom is really sassy and sarcastic.

"You did throw one heck of a punch. Where'd you learn to punch like that?" Julian smirked.

"I'll take the credit," my brother flashes a cocky grin and I roll my eyes.

"Don't encourage her," Cole shot us a look.

"Why not?" I pout.

"The last thing WE want is to get you involved in risky business," he emphasizes on the word 'risky' and the guys visibly stiffen.

"I can take care of myself. I'm a tough girl," I smile.

"Still, we want you safe so try not to get involved in many fights," Brian scolds.

My brother plops back down on his pillow and groaned complaints about how his head hurt.

"Unless it's a catfight. I don't mind seeing two chicks fighting, especially over me," Julian wiggled his eyebrows until Brian elbowed him.

These guys are a bunch of idiots.