You are mini

I stepped out of my car and closed the door behind me. Adjusting the bag over my shoulder I looked at the one thing every teenager hates yet cries when walk out of. I never understood why students actually cries leaving that hell hole of a place; the very place they spend years cursing and hating. Guess I wouldn't really ask myself that if I knew what future had up its sleeves. Now don't get me wrong it's not like I didn't enjoy my time in the building in front of me named Marbles Hills High because I did. In the company of my amazing friends and some pain in the head teachers I had my fair share of fun but come on! Can you blame me for talking like this? Being a teenager it was basically my student right to hate my school, right?

Soon my thoughts received a push from the back from my 'oh so sweet' of a brother, Alex.

'It's not going to disappear if you keep looking at it, nerd!" He teased. Yes, you read right. He called me nerd which I am surely not. Yes I maintain average grades and so does he yet he still called me nerd but can you complain? We are siblings after all. Gotta live up to the stereotypes!

"You wish it would, loner!"

"Don't start you two! Go step in and study hard. Good luck!" with that I heard the engine speeding off of the driveway. Yes ladies and gentlemen that's my mom. Always in a hurry. However, I didn't blame her for that since she managed both home and a half day job as an assistant manager at the restaurant few blocks away from our house. Now before you get the wrong idea that we were little kids driven in by our mother before she's off to work, let me stop you there. My brother owned a car and usually he was my chauffer to the school every day but his responsible-self forgot to bring back his car from the service shop that day. Therefor I was stuck being a baby girl, not that I complained.

Spotting our group of friends at the distance, both I and Alex made our way towards them. Little did I knew I was walking myself into a roller coaster ride of a year unknowingly.

"Here's the shorty of our group"; Said Chris.

"He's talking to you"; I addressed my brother with bored tone.

"I'm 6'1. Anything but short"; He exclaimed with a wink leaning against Sarah's car. He dropped his bag near his leg and crossed his arm over his chest with an amused expression. I scowled at him and turned to Chris.

"I am not short. I'm 5'4. That's average, Chris! "; said I. I consider it average. Sue me. The reason me and my brother at the same age has difference in height because I picked it from our mother while he was blessed with our father's height.

He chuckled and raised his hands in surrender and gesture to lock his lips and throw away the key. I rolled my eyes and let it pass. Not ready to ruin my mood over his teasing-self. We all greeted each other and by each other I mean us, group of 6 people. I, Alex, Chris aka pain. Sarah, the mother and the responsible brain of our group. Now that I think of it, her influence was rubbing off on me too. Alvin, the nerd. And when I say nerd, I mean this guy is a freaking Wikipedia! Okay maybe I am exaggerating a bit but the dude knew stuff! Lastly, Lacy. She was the crazy wheel of us. And the gossip queen. The girl knew anything and everything!

Since it was the first day of our senior year, we compared the schedules to see who shared which class with whom. I ended up having 2 of my first periods with Chris and Sarah which was History and English. The rest I had to survive on my own. Yay me! We parted ways to report to our respective classes.

"Are we still on for this Saturday, shorty"; Chris asked in genuine tone while going through his bag. Instead of expressing my irritation over the name he called me. I let it pass again and be the bigger person. Generous, ain't I?

"Yes. Pick me at 6?" I asked to which Chris nodded.

"I don't get it. Why don't you come with Alex? "; Asked Sarah.