Nineteen

Clarke's POV

I lay on my bedroom floor with my pencil in my mouth thinking about how to word my next sentence. Homework, you gotta love it.

"I've been thinking." Mason states from my window seat. I look up at him with a raised brow. "About what?"

"That, man, obviously knows where you live, he's already been in your room. If he went to the trouble of getting up here just to leave a note he could have left in the mailbox he probably watches you a lot." I furrow my eyebrows and tilt my head.

"Well, yeah. He's said multiple times that he watches me. What about it?"

Mason stands up walking over to me. He rolls me over on my back and lays on top of me, looking into my eyes.

"If he watches you as much as he says, he's had to see me at some point. Which would mean he knows about guardian angels. Otherwise he would have freaked out." I nod my head "so you're saying his guardian angel talks to him too?"

Mason shakes his head. "No angel, you see this," he motions his finger between me and him "is against the rules. Which means that it's more likely whoever this is, is something supernatural."

My mouth gapes open. "So he could be an angel?"

Mason gets a nervous look on his face. "It's possible, but the most likely factor is him being a demon."

"Oh." I look down. Mason rubs his nose against my cheek. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. If he even comes close to you I'll rip his head off." He starts breathing heavily and lifts himself up more, hovering over me."No ones going to hurt you, I'll kill em. I'll kill him." His eyes turn black.

I start getting uncomfortable with how he's acting and push on his chest. Mason begins running his hands all over my body breathing really heavy now. "You're mine. No one will touch you but me. You belong to me! You're mine!" He roars causing me to slide out from his grasp and crawl backwards.

Mason rises to his knees gazing at me with a heated look, chest heaving. He starts crawling towards me and I crawl backwards until my back hits the door. Mason's never acted like this before, and quite frankly, I'm terrified.

He reaches for me but I flinch away "Mason you're scaring me." I whimper causing a hurt look to spread across his face. The color slowly returns to his eyes. He shakes his head and looks at the situation we're in and tears up.
"I-I'm so sorry angel." He reaches for me but I move away again. Mason retracts his hand as a single tear escapes his eye.

My chest hurts when he starts sobbing. "I-I'm so sorry Clarke, I don't know what c-came over
m-me." I can't help the tear that escapes my eye as I slowly scoot my way towards him. His hands cover his face, I climb onto his lap straddling his waist and hug him. He immediately hugs me to him extremely tight. He's breathing heavily in my ear, I reach up and put one hand through his hair and my other on the back of his neck.  "It's alright, you didn't mean to. It's fine. We're fine." I whisper.

Mason shakes his head and looks into my eyes "I'm your protector, you should never fear me. That should never have happened."

"You just got worked up is all, it's fine. Don't beat yourself up over something that doesn't matter." His sobs die down to sniffles and he buries his face into my neck.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too."

____________________

I walk down the almost empty hall way of school heading towards Mr. Smiths class.

I knock on the door and hear shuffling on the other side. Mr. Smith opens the door looking super tired, when his eyes meet mine his face breaks out in a happy smile. "Come in Clarke, come in." He steps aside.

I walk in and he closes the door behind me. I stand there awkwardly waiting for him to speak. He walks over to his desk and digs out a few folders.

"So here's the folder for first period, if you could grade those for me that would be fantastic." He smiles handing me the folder. "This is all you're having me do? I can grade more if it would help you out." I watch as he takes a seat at his desk.

"No, no it's fine. I mainly had you come so we could discuss...things." I nod my head understanding what he's saying and take a seat.

"By the way, I know that I requested you come help every Monday and Wednesday, but I think I'll only have you come Monday's if that's okay with you?" I nod turning down the corners of my mouth.

"So have you found anything yet?" I lean forward and place my elbows on the desk.

"No I'm still working on a couple things, what about you? Have you received any more letters since last we talked?" I nod my head "I found one in my room." Mr. Smith looks at me with worry written all over his face. "In your house?" I nod my head.

"That's not good, do you need me to check in on you?" I shake my head at a fast pace. "No I'm fine, just a little scary." He doesn't seem to be convinced.

He looks down at his lap, almost as if he's having an inward battle. "I don't want to come across as creepy or perverted but... may I have your, um." He scratches the back of his neck looking down, then meeting my eyes again. "Your number and home address? I just want to be able to make sure you're safe." He looks super nervous.

"Uh, yeah sure." He just wants to help after all. And even if for some strange reason it happened to be him, he already had that information anyways. I write down the requested information and walk it over to him. Mr. Smith smiles at me and sticks the slip of paper into his shirt pocket.

"Why are you helping me?" I question tilting my head.

"You're different from everyone here, I've noticed that for awhile. You're soft and delicate, sweet and simple, kind and gentle. I just believe you deserve protection from this cruel world. And I'm willing to help you with that."

Wow. Didn't expect that.

I blush and tuck hair behind my ear. "Thank you so much sir, it means a lot." Mr. Smith smiles softly at me while I take my previous seat and start grading.

___________________

"You shouldn't have gave him your information." Mason grumbles while cuddling me from behind. I wanted to go to bed but Mason apparently feels like talking.

"I mean what if he's your stalker." He sighs. "Mason, even if he is my 'stalker', which I highly doubt, he already has that information."

Mason shifts uncomfortable behind me knowing I'm right. I turn around and am met with an extremely worried looking Mason. I place my hand on the side of his face.

"Don't stress about it Mason, everything's gonna be fine." He looks into my eyes and pulls me into him. I close my eyes and nuzzle my head underneath his chin.

(A/N) Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been updating as often, I've been super busy lately. I know if I rush my writing it won't be of good quality so I wait until I can actually put some time into it.

Thanks for hanging in there guys!

Jo🥀