twelve

since harrison and i hadn't hung out in awhile, we decided to just chill on the roof for no reason. sitting on the roof with him was becoming a recurring thing. we weren't watching the sunrise, like we usually do, since it was 12 in the afternoon. bobby ditched us during our spongebob marathon, mumbling something about how he forgot to get food for the week. (it was his turn to go grocery shopping for the week. it was a new system we had.) 

so harrison and i ditched the couch.

i yawned and stretched my arms out, taking up all the space around me. harrison and i had found a new ledge that was attached to a smaller portion of the roof that was on a lower level, so we could sit on the edge of the roof without falling and breaking every bone in our bodies.

"tired?" harrison asked.

i nodded, "little bit. last night was weird." 

harrison gave a nervous laugh to that. i probably offended him. 

"-not because of you, just because of my breakdown. and jc." i scooted over closer to harrison.

out of the corner of my eye i saw harrison smile to himself. i elbowed him in the side.

"what was that for!?" harrison yelped.

i shook my head and laughed. "for being cocky."

harrison rolled his eyes. 

i ran my hand through my hair and pushed it to the side, then looked down to my phone, which wasn't in a very safe spot on the ledge. no texts. kian never responded to what i last said.

"hey, do you know when kian will be home?" my gaze shifted to harrison. for a quick second he had an expression i couldn't tell the meaning of. 

"um, tomorrow. i think." he replied, his voice all of a sudden uninterested. 

i raised an eyebrow at him. "okay, thanks."

he looked over and immediately started laughing at me. 

"what?" i asked, giving him a stern look.

"you look stupid when you try to look mad." 

i gave him a hard shove. "i'm going to leave!" 

harrison continued laughing. "try telling your brother that."

"i will." i said, standing up and grabbing my phone. i started to walk away when harrison jumped up and grabbed me. i screamed and jabbed my elbow in his chest.

harrison fell down, which probably scared everyone in the house. 

"i'm getting flashbacks from this morning." he said.

i crossed my arms. "you knew that was a bad idea." i said, before holding out my hand to help him up. he grabbed my arm and dragged me down on top of him.

i screamed again, which probably made the neighbors think someone was being killed. "harrison webb!" i slapped his chest lightly.

at this point our faces were inches away, and my face was burning. i could feel harrison's shaky breath on my nose. i quickly jumped to my feet and held out my hand again to help harrison up.

"next time i will actually kill you." i warned, turning my back to him so he couldn't see my red face and brushing myself off. "come on, let's go tell jc i'm leaving." i joked, quickly going inside the house.

i wish i had kissed you then and there. before everything sank in.

this is so cheesy & cliche.