thirteen

kian was finally home, and the "family" and i were all going out to dinner together. we decided on chick fil a. i was sitting next to franny and jc, and across from kian who had barely talked to me upon getting home. kian was of course making things unbearably awkward. harrison would talk to me and kian would glare daggers. bobby noticed something was off and started a conversation with the whole table, saving me.

but, besides kian's behavior, dinner was good. 

harrison "smuggled" about 20 packs of chick fil a sauce back to the house, and no one questioned it because, well, chick fil a sauce. 

once we all got home everyone just hung out and talked in the kitchen for awhile. it was 9 pm and all i wanted to do was lay in bed, so that's what i did. jc asked where i was going, to which i replied i was tired and was going to bed. 

i turned off all the lights and jumped into bed, burying myself in my covers. i stared at the ceiling for a second before my phone buzzed. 

kian: because of harrison?

i furrowed my eyebrows. why was he bringing this up now?

me: kian, what even? no. i've just met both of you a month ago and we just went on one date. you're blowing this way out of proportion.

kian: i'm not saying you have to be with me. but i just want the best for you.

i shoved my phone under my pillow. i wasn't going to deal with him anymore.

that night i fell asleep with worry bubbling in my throat.

for once i actually woke up the next morning on my own. i checked the time and saw the sunrise was coming up. i texted harrison to ask if he was up. to pass time i got up and brushed my hair, tying it back and brushing my teeth, and by then harrison answered. 

harrison<3: I'm up, u wanna watch the sunrise?

me: when do i not? is kian up?

harrison<3: No, just tip toe

i looked in the mirror and told myself if kian woke up and saw me i'd probably fling myself off the roof.

i did as harrison said and crept through kian's room, tip toeing and walking out onto his porch. harrison left the door open for me which i was thankful for.

i walked over to harrison on the roof and sat next to him. "morning." i gave him a small, tired smile. 

he looked over and returned the smile, his more genuine. "wow, you look like fran." 

i gave him an awkward grin and looked down at my outfit, sweatpants and a small cropped black shirt. "you mean i'm dressed like a girl who just rolled out of bed? i'm gonna take that as a compliment, since franny is gorgeous."

harrison shrugged. "i suppose. you're more of my type than franny is though."

i didn't give a reaction to his compliment, just rubbed my hands over my face and sighed in frustration. 

he looked at me in concern. "what? did i say something?"

"no, it's kian." i hugged my knees to my chest. 

harrison looked at the ground. neither of us were paying attention to the sunrise. he didn't say anything, so i continued.

"who knew he's such a jackass? like, i don't know. i came here to see my brother, not live some dumbass soap opera." 

"he doesn't mean to be a jackass."

i scoffed, "please. jc already told me about his 'naive personality.'"

"no, really. he just doesn't use his head. it's all in his heart. he wants something, he'll try his hardest to get it. i'll tell you something. when he first met meredith, he was so head over heels. like, scribble her names in notebooks and daydream about her kinda shit."

i laughed, cutting him off. "seriously?"

harrison nodded. "yeah, so corey, franny, and i were all 'oh yeah we'll be your wingmen and wingwoman! you can get her.' he hadn't even gotten to know her. so immediately he wants to date her, and she's all 'oh okay yes!' because it's meredith. turns out, she's a possessive crazy control freak." 

my eyes widened. "oh god."

"so. yep, kian is a dumbass. not a jackass."

i laughed and looked at the sky. the sun was already up, and we had missed the whole sunrise because we were so involved in each other.

"so, hey, the guys and i were all going to hang out tonight at dom's place. franny wanted to stay here with you and hang out. is that cool?" 

"yeah, that sounds fun. how come all the news gets relayed to me by you though?"

"that's just how these people are." harrison joked. 

harrison and i stayed on the roof for a couple more hours, just talking. eventually we had to go eat and then the guys left around 1 in the afternoon. of course they couldn't leave without jc giving me a huge lecture.

as soon as they left franny grabbed my arm and dragged me out to get our nails done.

i'm trying to write as much as i can tonight because i want to get to the actUAL HARRISON + CASSIDY PARTS and summer's almost over ://