Chapter 18 : That Was Quick

Natalia Walker's POV :

"What the hell are they doing here ?," I snapped at Talia.

She sighed glancing at them before looking back at me "they are here to help us figure out what's going on"

I just stared at her not daring to open my mouth again. Talia is my best friend and I love her but I would never understand why she thought it was okay to bring these people here. Greg, I could forgive because he actually tried to defend me but Laura and Charlie can go to hell for all I care. They didn't defend me,they didn't listen to my side of the story, no , instead they listened and believed the lies that they heard and crucified me without warning.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and not make a scene in the café. I thought very carefully of what to say next before I spoke.

"Greg you can stay, Charlie and Laura you guys can leave"

A small smile fitted across my face when Greg smiled in utter relief. My smile didn't last long because the two musketeer's just had to open their mouths.

"Wait....why do we have to go ?," Charlie cried

"Because you're here to discuss my life and because I said so"

"Please just hear us out," Laura pleaded "we're sorry about what we said....we didn't mean it"

"Laura's right," Charlie piped in we didn't mean it "the shock of the whole thing just had us saying things in the moment"

A in the moment kind of thing. Its obvious that they don't think before they talk because they just keep digging themselves a deeper and deeper grave with their foolish words. I honestly don't know how I was friends with these idiots. I slowly rose to my feet to be on the same height as them.

"I don't care", I stated calmly despite visualising beating them to a pulp "you didn't give me a chance to tell my side and for that I will never forgive you"

With that I sat down in my seat and ignored them until they rather reluctantly left the café.

As soon as they left I glared over the table at Talia who was avoiding my gaze completely. With a huff I glanced back over at Greg and gestured for him to take a seat beside Talia. I always knew that Greg had this major crush on Talia and from the way he eagerly sat beside her it was plain to be seen that the crush was still there.

"Okay guys," Talia spoke catching my attention "let's get down to business"

"And what business is that ?," I asked her

"A small reunion of course"

"Of course"

Talia raised her hand signalling to the waitress to come over to our table. As soon as the she came over I ordered another cup of hot chocolate and a croissant. I leaned back in the seat to watch Talia and Greg order what they wanted.

Greg was a good looking guy so it was not surprising when I caught the waitress flirting with him. Much to amusement Talia was glaring daggers at the poor woman who quickly left to fill our order.

A small smirk settled on my face when I saw this. Maybe Greg's crush wasn't as one-sided as Talia wanted me to believe. As the truly amazing best friend that I am I have to do something about this. I guess a little match making is in order.

"Hey Greg, can you do me a favor ?"

"Yeah sure Nat," he grinned up at me.

"I totally forgot to order some marshmallows for my hot chocolate, could you ask that waitress to get some for me"

He glanced over at Talia who had a blank look on her face before looking back at me "sure"

With that he got up and went over to the waitress to order for me.

"Aww look at that," I cooed to Talia.

She stopped glaring at the table to look over where I showed her. The girl was flirtatiously running her fingers up and down Greg's muscular arm.

I looked back at Talia to find her fuming.

"Hey Talia, calm down he's just...."

I was a cut off when she sprang out of her seat and marched over to Greg. I jumped out of my seat fearing for the girls life. Just as I was about to take a step Talia did the unexpected. She grabbed on to Greg's shirt and pulled him in for a kiss.

I was shocked beyond words that all I could do was clap.

Well damn !! That was quick.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys,
Sorry for the long wait. I hope you guys like this chapter.

Remember to :
Vote
Comment