Chapter 45

"Emileen?"

I question, standing in front of my friend... my best friend... one of my only friends.

"Why? Why are you with her? Why!" I yell at her, but no response comes from either one of them. "Answer me dammit!" I yell, on the verge of tears.

"You...you don't have the right to question me," She speaks, in such a tone... a tone I have never heard.

"What...?"

"You speak like a ruler my daughter, now. Go fight, fight your one true enemy. Fight," Drakia whispers in her ear, stroking her black hair.

"Yes. Mother," I watch as she takes a single step forward, and I step backwards in shock. As she walks closer I stumble backwards. I can't speak. I can't fight her.

I stumble, falling onto the ground. Staring up at her pale skin, and her familiar eyes.

The girl who sat beside me in class, the girl who had my back when I need it. The girl who got all nervous around my brother, the innocent girl who had no courage to do anything. Why? How?

"Emile..." I say as her sword swings down. I watch it, it was like the world had gone slow.

Her sword... it isn't stopping. Her sword... is on target. Emileen...

"Elena!" Jackson screams, as I move to the right, just enough so she barely scratched me.

She... she didn't stop her sword. She actually tried to kill me. 

With my pure horror frozen on my face, I see her eyes. Life less. 

She has never been like this, Emileen did not give this aura. The girl, no the woman stand in front of me, is icey pale, her hair is lifeless with not a single strand out of place, her eyes are empty, like a void has replaced whatever use to be in there. 

"Emileen..."

"Argh!" She yells, slamming her sword down again, this time leaving a deep cut on my arm. As she goes to swing again, I roll back, standing and jumping back. 

"Emileen! What are you doing!" I yell, this time blocking her sword, 

"What I am told," She mutters, unlocking her sword and stepping back, ready to attack again.

My eyes are wide open as I watch her sharp blade slip past my face, just cutting the end of my hair like a razor. I dodge every hit struck by her weapon, I jump left and right, avoiding my friend... my best friend.

"Emileen! Stop it!" Jackson yells, I watch as her eyes change for a breif second.

"Shut up!" She yells, "You cannot tell me what to do! You have no idea what I have been through!" 

"Then tell me! Let me understand,"

"No! You can't possibly know what I have felt, from the moment I heard your name Elena, from the moment I saw you a fire lit in my heart. My bloodlust almost took control of me that day, I almost killed you in the middle of a class room," She claims. 

"Why?"

"Because! Your... mother, your blood killed my parents!" She yells, 

My heart stops. I never... I have never heard of this,

"No, she wouldn't..." I mutter,

"Are you calling me a liar!" She screams, I watch her tremble,

"I survived losing my parents when I was 6! I survived school, barely. I almost killed myself so many times, that was until Drakia arrived. My only blood family left. I went on to live, and then surviving most of high school, with no issues, apart from the unrequited love that made me weak!"