VIII | love.

________

"Love is blind. Love is weak."

Days flew by and the streets were quiet. Each side of the fence was plotting on the other as they wanted for one to make the first move. Kase would definitely do it but only if he caught sight of Alyzai. However, Alyzai was too busy laying low under Lamar's command. She knew he as right because he had been watching Kase for the pass days and it was evident that they were looking for her.

Brie, one of Lamar's friends, got inside Kase's crew and was now reporting any words he got from inside directly to Lamar. Everything was working in his favor.

Alyzai was able to get out now too, as long as she took a couple of dudes out for protection and Paris for coverup. Alyzai was loving it- for once, she felt free. For once, she felt like she was living without consequence and even that seemed to have its own consequences. She felt selfish because she didn't know if Jaimir was alright or not. She did love him and her heart was heavy for the only man that had shown her real love since the death of her brother.

She wish she could save him.

"How do you feel about these?" Paris asked, holding her bloating foot up as it swell up in some sandals.

Alyzai shook her head. "Those make your feet look fat too. Just wear something comfortable."

Paris snorted, shaking her head too. "Comfortable? I'm a woman, I don't even know how to make bitches feel comfortable around me. I'd be damned if I let myself look ugly and comfortable." She joked, turning to look at the next box of shoes.

Alyzai didn't comment, her mind focused on Jai. Even when she was away she was with him. She could blame it on the fact that he was her first love or maybe that she was just used to him, but the facts were the facts. She wanted this feeling with him, not while running from him.

"Are you listening to me?" Paris asked, nudging Alyzai.

"Mhm, yeah." Alyzai said, smiling at her as soon as she snapped out of it. "Those?"

Paris pointed her toe at Alyzai and giggled. "Yess, these are cute, right?"

Alyzai looked down at her foot and chuckled a little before nodding. "Yeah, I like those."

"Mee too." Paris agreed before taking them off and throwing them back in the box. "Let's go."

Alyzai looked and through the glass window of the store to the outside of the mall, she saw him. Jaimir was there out in the open, looking at her as if he hadn't even thought she was alive. He looked a mix of angry and surprised.

Beside him was Linx, of course, who just looked pissed.

"Paris, we gotta go." Alyzai mumbled before standing up and turning around to walk off. She was greeted by Paris, her eyes showing that she had seen what she saw.

"Yeah, I know. I'm calling Lambo now." She said as they both began speed walking towards the exit.

Alyzai didn't realize she had been thinking this man up the whole time but as he stood there, watching her, she felt fear and excitement.

"Lambo, where are you?" Paris asked as they hurried out the store and down the opposite direction of where Jaimir was. When Alyzai looked, he and Linx were gone. "Yeah, we just saw Jai and one of his little henchmen with him."