Chapter Thirty

I hope you are all loving Black Cat. Thank you so much for reading. Please remember to vote, comment and I would love it if you followed me.  Cheers xoxox

"So...how did it go yesterday?" Trin pulled back on the swing and grinned at Becky.

Becky smiled. "Yeah... good." She pushed forward and kicked her legs out on her swing.

"Well...?" Trin beamed as the two swings passed each other mid-air. She laughed as Becky pulled a face and crossed her eyes.

"Well..." Becky let go and jumped forward landing in the sand. She turned and watched Trin do the same. They laughed again and sat down on the bench under a big mango tree. "He was good and works really well with Linc. The kid adores him."

Trin smirked. "I'm sure he does. I want to know how you and he got along. Did he keep his mouth shut because I told him to the other day?"

Becky laughed and wondered if she should tell Trin about Friday in Maths. Or her getting upset over his smile comment. No. It didn't matter and she didn't want Trin assuming they liked each other. "He was okay. We kind of talked about it and have decided to be friendly in front of Linc so that's what I'm doing."

"Don't you want to hook up with him again?" Trin frowned and studied Becky's face. She'd love to hook up with Rob again but she needed to know how Becky really felt about him.

"No, Trin. I already told you that. After the Lizzy thing I'm not putting myself in that situation with him ever again." Becky smirked. "Besides you want to hook up with him, so go for it."

"But I thought you liked him."

Becky let out a big breath. "To be honest, Trin. I don't know how I feel about him. He's said some really horrible things to me. Some which I'm still hurt by." She could see Trin was going to say something so she held up her hand. "And I know I've said some stupid things to him too. We did talk about that on Saturday a little. We're going to try to be civil. For Linc's sake." Becky shrugged. "So that's it. There's no fireworks or shit like that or whatever you're imagining."

"Come on." Trin nudged her head as she smiled. "Let's go to the shops and get a coffee." She looked at Becky from the corner of her eye. "I might buy a new sexy outfit because you never know I might still try and hook up with Jerky Jarvis.

Becky jabbed Trin in the ribs and chuckled. "We could compare notes." She took a breath and hoped Rob wouldn't take Trin up on the offer.

On Monday Becky took her seat beside Rob in maths. She gave him a small smile. "Hey."

"Hey." Rob watched her sit down and put her books on the desk. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to proceed. "Did you have a good day off yesterday?"

"Rob. We're not doing this."

He frowned. "Doing what?"

Becky turned to face him and whispered, "We're not pretending we're great mates. We're just not talking shit to each other anymore so you don't have to try and make conversation with me."

"What?" Rob shook his head. "I thought we sorted this on Saturday."

"We did. We decided not talk shit and to be nice to each other for Linc."

"So..." He grinned. "Isn't me asking how your day went being nice?"

"Yes." Becky stared at him. "But we're not doing that except where Linc's concerned."

Rob chuckled in disbelief. "So I'm not to say anything to you unless Linc's around. Is that what you're saying?" He felt a little pissed off and had thought Saturday went well.

Becky smiled. "I knew you'd get it." The look he gave her had her biting her tongue. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to piss you off. I'm not sure what you expected but we're not going to suddenly be best buddies. How could we be?"

Rob tossed his pen on the desk and leaned back. "Whatever."

He gritted his teeth. WTF. Maybe he should just forget the whole idea. Forget about helping Linc. He folded his arms across his chest and looked back at Becky. She had her head over her book. He sighed. He couldn't forget about helping Linc. After all, he wanted to help the kid. Had when Becky hated his guts.

Mr. Campbell started the class. Rob leant over his book. His leg dropped against hers. Should he leave it there? Fuck her. He drew his leg away and tried to focus on the lesson. By the end of the period he realised he hadn't taken anything in and his leg was resting against hers again. Shit. He had another erection. Rob jerked his leg away. How was he ever going to pass maths B sitting beside Becky Bridgestone?

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.