This means war.

With my hair plastered across my face, and clothes soaked wet I glared at a certain smiling God. I felt something warm wrap around my ankle as I got down.

Smoky black shoes that resembled the pair I had on, left me feeling like walking on cotton. The limp I had sported eased out into steady steps.

I would have thanked him if it weren't for the trick he played and that cocky face of triumph. Imitating the infamous Titanic pose and walked towards him with an overly sweet smile.He wasn't getting away this time.

But he was like a dragonfly, each time I came within the range for a hug, he would disappear and reappears centimeters away with the same sly smile. After a series of failed attempts, I stormed away to the palace pouting.

"Ahh." I tripped only to be brought back to my feet by my brooding patient. I have to say, I had my doubts, but he fell for it.

The hands that held onto him for support coiled around him, bringing him into a bear hug. When the realization of being played hit, he was no longer within my grasp. In a matter of seconds, he reappeared in crisp dry clothes with not a wrinkle to be seen other than his unmasked frown.

"Looks like the King of the Underworld is a softie." I chided, catching up to him with a sheepish smile as he made his way to the castle. Not only did he ignore me, but he also widened his steps, making it harder to keep up with this beautiful floating-ghost.

My eyes fell on my new oversized pair of shoes as I silently commented. "A softie indeed."

When looking up ahead, a bundle of platinum-gold caught my eyes which made me careless of my ankle while breaking into a run. Overtaking a surprised Greek God I ran headlong into awaiting hands that sprinted my way.

Crushed in a bear hug, my legs dangled in the air as a single word was repeated time and time again by my warm-hearted friend. "Sorry."

"I wanted to come and get you, but I couldn't. Elie, do forgive..." I squished his flushed face between my hands making him resemble a duck.

"It's okay Will, besides I would have escaped myself even if Hades hadn't come." I proudly proceeded to explain my successful (almost) escape plan.

"Did he really beg you to let him go?" Much like the first time we met, I was relieved of walking, carried effortlessly all the way. I nodded. "Yes, yes. When I told him that I was going to burn him alive, he got on his knees and begged me to have mercy on him."

"Oh did he?" Like a father listening to his daughters made up stories, he tried to coax out the truth.

"Okay, okay. He didn't get on his knees. Because, because." I stretched out the words for him to get his full attention and to wipe off that smirk. "He was too hurt to get up, so he begged me while lying down."

He must have wanted to rebuke my claim, but he pulled back suddenly, his eyes narrowed to slits as it rested upon the healing cut on my neck. I realized he had only just noticed Hades' powers supporting my leg. The black tendrils of magic withdrew to reveal my bandaged ankle as his fingers neared it.

"I think I will have to pay a visit to the dungeons." He hissed through gritted teeth.

"Dungeon?!" I asked in bewilderment. "Let me down." He paused unable to understand the reason behind the change in temperament, but let me down reluctantly. I turned back glaring at the God who was near invisible under the shadows he hid in. "You promised you would keep him safe."

The following soldiers came to a synchronized stop with their lord suddenly being yelled at by a raging teenage and looked uneasy as their Lord went further with his reply to anger her."You never said where."

The provocation was simply ignored and so was their Lord.

Hope you like it. Please do vote and comment.