Chapter 13. The questionnaire

Draco POV

"Toppy, have you seen my suit?" I asked my house elf.
"Yes, Master had put it on his bed." I heard her from on top of my trunk, where she was cleaning. I grabbed my suit and changed in the bathroom.

I checked my hair, and looked, if I saw a beard-hair, like every day since I turned sixteen.
It's misplaced hope that I could grow a beard, as hard as I hoped.
I fixed my tie and left the house, just to run back in and grab my present for Harry.

I had much time decorating it, and I thought that it looked quite nice. Now I was ready to leave.
I apparated in front of the mansion and waited that someone would open the door.
After knocking, the Dark Lord himself opened the door and eyed me up and down.

After letting me in, I greeted his wife and my fellow suitors.
I had a nice chat with a man named Jackson McMayer, from Scotland.
"Hogwarts isn't what it used to be, it changed so much. Who thought, that a woman like Trelawney would make a good deviation teacher? Seers only teach their own, their magic feeds from other seer magic. There are rarely seers in Hogwarts, no wonder her prophecies are getting worse and unprecise! Poor woman."
I agreed with him and heard someone tumble down the stairs. 

I pushed Jack away and placed a cushion-spell on the ground, so nobody could hurt themselves, and before my feet landed Harry. Before anyone could touch him, his enforcer appeared and helped him up.
"Good afternoon, I am sorry for this accident, the stairs were still a little wet." The submissive said and sat himself down on a chair. 

"I brought you a present. I would normally send you a letter today, but well..." I gave him the gift and sat myself down on the loveseat.
Others had too, placed gifts in front of Harry and he opened them slowly. 

"A teapot?" he asked. 

It was a white teapot with blue designs around it.

I was rather proud of my present.
"A normal teapot? Do you think others didn't already send such things?" someone said. 

I smirked and answered: "When you look into the belly of the pot, you can see that there are runes written in it. It is a fast brew pot, but not like the one you buy in the dollar store in diagon ally. It doesn't destroy flavour or colour, it fasts forth time in the pot, so one minute equals eight. That assures the best quality and taste for the tea." 

Harry opened the lid and asked: "Did you draw them yourself?" I shook my head. "In school, I took double potions, so I wasn't able to take runes. I bought it at a little shop in Holyhead. It was owned by a young woman named Luna Lovegood, and I was to send best wishes from her." 

Harry smiles, it seemed that the girl was one of his school friends.
Even though the Lovegoods weren't a pureblood family, their daughter was a seer, and Mr. Lovegood was able to see the potential of his child and sent her to Wales, better said to the Isle of Anglesey, were seers are able to live freely and have each other's company. 

I watched Harry open his presents and sipped on my Earl Grey tea. I liked my tea without any additions, no milk or sugar.
"Oh, another pot!" Harry said and I saw the man, that had first tried to embarrass me, going red. Forgot what we bought as a present, have we?

I made some small talk with Jackson again, he was a rather interesting man, and I hoped I could put his herbs plantation under a contract with my potions empire.
But that was for a later moment. Harry started a discussion about magical creatures, and I participated in the conversation.
I could tell that Harry was fast in telling who was lying and the enforcer had taken one man away for threatening someone else. 

I sipped my tea and watched the other men drinking. I was observing who was on Harry's favourite list (I was sure he had one), so I wouldn't collide with their ideas and let myself sink in his rank-list.
When we all left, we were given letters, but mine wouldn't open. I guessed that it had the next challenge in it.
"I hope we two will meet again for work purposes." Jackson said, shook my hand and apparated. I was about to leave, when the Dark Lord appeared. 

"Draco, we will need more resources. The war has fully started and Dumbledore is stronger as we thought."
I nodded my head. "I will be travelling to France again in two weeks. I will have a nice talk with Madame Maxime, she holds a high position in the giant court, after her father retired."
The Dark Lord nodded and patted my shoulder. Why did he come to me with these problems? He could send anybody to get resources, but I wouldn't complain.
It might get me nearer to Harry.

Some days later

I was making a potion, when Toppy ran in the room with a letter in her hand.
"It has opened master, Toppy didn't touch it!" she said and gave me the letter. 

"I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong, Toppy." She seemed relieved and left the room with a puff. When I looked over the letter, I saw, that it was the one I received at the tea party at the Gaunt Manor.
I had tried to open it quite sometimes, and now it did it from itself! I finished the potion and sat myself down on my desk to read the letter.

(Comment your own answers!)

Harry's version of 20 questions

1.What is my favorite holiday?

2.What is my dish?

3.What is favorite drink?

4.Who is my favorite wizard?

5.Which Hogwarts house was I in?

6.When is my birthday?

7.What is my favorite color?

8.What was the best present I got from you?

9.Chocolate frogs or Bertie Botts beans?

10.In which directions do my wings point? (For you, which direction would you like them?)

11.What is my favorite hobby?

12.What was my best subject at school?

13.What was my favorite subject?

14.What is my opinion on vampires?

15.Do I wear earrings?

16.Do I have tattoos?

17.What is my shoe size?

18.What is my favorite band/ composer?

19.What is my hair texture?

20.How do I end all my letters?

(Please comment if you want me to answer these questions too!)

Well, that will be a journey! 

A/N I hope you like this chapter, people!

MeineKeime