Chapter 16 - Edited Once

It had been almost three weeks since they kidnapped me, and for some reason, we were standing in the hallway... soaking wet. Apparently, running with a hose in winter is not a very good idea.

I had my arms wrapped around my waist from the cold water. "Ariel, why did you let it go?" a wet and very angry Jaxon yelled at me with his face full of freezing water droplets. Well, all of us were in that state. I looked at the boys, and they were shivering. Their lips were turning blue.

I felt bad for the very first time. You know, I should write that down to prove that I felt sorry for them.

I sneezed, then jumped in my place to warm my body up. "It slipped from my hands. I'm sorry," I apologized, then put my head down and played with the hem of my hoodie like a kid who broke the star of the Christmas tree. Yep, I did it once. I was seven, don't judge!

Let me just tell you how it all happened... Once upon... Nah, I was washing my boots from the dirt outside, but because the weather was so cold, I wanted to warm my hands that were holding the hose... and you know the rest, btw the boys were standing beside me, so they got a piece of my cuteness and clumsiness. It was not my fault that they didn't know I was cable of this stuff.

Aaron walked toward me and smiled. "Nah, it's okay." He put his hand on my head and rubbed my hair like a small lost puppy. It felt nice. He was like a brother. Lucky Lilly.

I miss my brothers and parents. It's all that boss' fault. He will regret ever kidnapping me.

Mark my words!

"Yeah, it was fun," Noah smiled, then nodded and put his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and smiled back, feeling more comfortable and less guilty.

"There is that smile," Owen pointed out and pinched my cheeks really hard. Like he intended to hurt me. Well, someone is not over it!

"Ouch, ouch, ouch. I get it. You're still mad. Now stop it." I yelled and removed his hands from my cold cheeks.

Owen shook his head. "No, I'm not mad! What makes you think that? Isn't that right, Jax? you are not mad, are you now?" Owen asked Jaxon, but he had that -I'm so pissed off right now, but I won't let it get the best of me- face. He looked like a murderer who didn't sleep for a week.

Owen looked like mom when Adrian broke her favorite vase. Let's just say that he didn't taste his favorite cake for a week, and the fun fact was that he didn't cry because he knew what he did was bad.

I turned my gaze to Jaxon and waited for his reply. He sighed and ran his hand through his wet brown hair. "I'm not mad... it's just that you are crazy, woman," he cleared.

I was supposed to feel offended, but Nah. "A crazy and fun woman, ha?" I nudged his shoulder with a smirk.

He shook his head with a grin and walked towards the stairs. "I'm going to shower, bye," he announced, and I followed him until I reached my room.

"What about us?" Noah yelled. To think about it, it was just Jaxon, I, and Owen -most of the time- who slept here in this house. Noah slept in his home with his ill mother, and Aaron was sometimes home and some other times with Lilly.

"There are four more bathrooms in the house, you could take a shower, and I will lend you my clothes," I heard Owen say, then I entered my room. I prepared some clothes, put them on the bed, and went to the bathroom for a warm shower.

As I stepped into the tub, I felt my muscles relax and started thinking like actual and serious thinking. I know it's weird to do that, but I have to.