Chapter 5

What do you guys think so far? Let me know you're liking the story by giving it a vote and/or comment!

They stood there in silence for what felt an eternity, until finally Tom loosened his arms from around her. He touched the small of her back.

"Let's go back to the castle." She nodded, allowing Tom to lead her out of the Shrieking Shack, and back up to the school grounds. Once they had safely arrived back inside the Slytherin common room, she felt entirely exhausted. It was almost one o'clock. Had they really been gone that long?

Tom left her side and walked towards the table Ellison had been sitting at not two hours before. He bent down, scooping up her bag before piling all of her school things inside it. He threw it over his shoulder and made his way back to her.

"Come with me," he grabbed her hand and pulled her gently towards the staircase that led to the boy's dormitory. She followed silently as he led her up the spiral staircase to the private room he was awarded for his title of head boy. Entering the large room adorned with green and silver décor, she sat on the edge of his bed. Ellison watched as Tom walked to the window, peering out of it, lost in thought. They sat in silence for a long while before she finally found her voice.

"Who was that man Tom?" She asked, her tone feigning a calmness she knew she didn't have. He didn't look at her.

"Fenrir Grayback." Fenrir Grayback? Was he talking about Fenrir Grayback the werewolf? She had read about him while writing her essay for Defense against the Dark Arts. He was a man – no, monster – that terrorized families, specifically young girls, across Britain. Why on Earth was Tom meeting someone like Grayback in the Shrieking Shack? In fact, why was he holding meetings of any kind in the Shrieking Shack?

"What were you doing there?" She was on her feet now. Tom Riddle was going to come clean with her. She wasn't going to give him a choice this time.

"Nothing you should involve yourself in." He still wasn't looking at her. Damnit why would he not look at her.

"Considering that monster tried to choke me to death, I would say I'm bloody involved." She had finally found her voice, and the fear she had felt moments before now boiled up as anger. "Damnit, look at me Tom Riddle!" He turned his head slightly in her direction, their eyes meeting. "What were you doing in the Shrieking Shack with someone like – like Fenrir Grayback?" She repeated.

"I was meeting Grayback and some ... others ... to discuss some plans I have after graduation." He said matter-of-factly.

"I thought you wanted to return to Hogwarts to teach?" This had been Tom's dream since arriving at the school nearly seven years ago.

"It seems as though those plans might not shape up as I originally thought they would ... Dumbledore has been keeping an annoyingly close watch on me and I doubt he would council Dippet to hire me on as a teacher." There was a tone of bitterness in his voice though his expression remained calm.