21

Jamie glared at Harry.

Harry glared at Jamie.

I stood there like a frozen gazelle between a lion and a tiger, wondering which would be the first to strike.

"This is how you protect her?! By making out with her and using her?!" Jamie suddenly stormed forward and pushed Harry away from me but Harry was stronger and shoved Jamie back.

"You know nothing. You're a child. Stop acting like you know everything." Harry barked.

"She's a child!" Jamie pointed at me.

"Stop!" I moved between them. "Jamie, it was just a prank, it's nothing serious."

"A prank?" He looked at me incredulously.

"We've been having a prank war for the last week and this was my prank. I know it looked bad and I see that, but I promise it's not serious."

"Is that true." He looked at Harry.

"Yes." Harry said in a stone cold voice.

Jamie looked at me.

"Media room. Ten minutes. We're not finished with this conversation."

He stormed out of my room.

When the door slammed closed I let out a breath and then turned to Harry to see him leaving as well.

"Wait Harry, wait!" I ran after him and tugged on his arm.

"This has gone too far, Emma." He turned around to look at me. "This is over. Officially over. No more kissing and the looks...this is ending. Now."

I didn't even know what to say as he left my room.

I didn't want to leave my room because I knew I was just going to be walking to my death, but I had to.

I grabbed my text books and then made my way to the media room, my head hanging down.

When I walked in he was sitting at the front, waiting for me.

"Just a prank, huh?" Were the first words out of his mouth. "It looked pretty intense."

"Jamie, it's nothing, I promise."

"After everything that jerk has done to you how could you even think about kissing him. Prank or no prank."

"I don't know. I thought it would be funny."

He shook his head.

"Jamie, please don't tell my Dad. It wasn't Harry's fault and nothing will ever happen again so please, just forget what you saw."

He shook his head.

"I will. I want to get that visual out of my head."

I smiled.

"I'm going to go study in the kitchen, give you some space." I patted his arm. "But thanks for not saying anything."

"Don't thank me, just never kiss him again."

I laughed as I picked up my books before leaving.

I went to the kitchen and then to the freezer, grabbing a carton of ice cream before sitting down at the counter with my books, taking a spoonful.

My kiss with Harry was obviously not a prank, but he thought it was. He should've known better.

Living with him was going to be hell now.

Whatever.

If worse came to worse I could ask for another body guard.

I opened my laptop and book before continuing to work on my essay.