Here comes the scary looking monsters

However, Ling Ling was very stubborn and the last person she would listen was Junjie.

Ling Ling left the field and kept walking as she tried to find a way out of the spirit world. There's got to be a way somehow, she thought. Just like one of those invisible doors she sees on tv.

It didn't take look until she winds up on the same street, the same shops, and bright houses. There's more spirits casually walking around. All different looking.

Some ugly, some beautiful, some look like racoons, some look like cats, and some looked like foxes, they were all animal spirits giving her some form of calmness until she ran into a hairy spider spirit that brushed his prickling spiky hair with her, making her skin crawl with terror.

Ling Ling hated spiders and it made it worse when she craned her head upwards to look at him. The spiderman glared at her with his numerous eyes. "So, sorry miss."

"Epp!" Ling Ling's legs was instantly liquid as she ran away from him.

She hadn't got very far when she slammed into something even more disgusting.

He was moisty and slimy. Ling Ling wasn't watching where she was going, distraught at her encounter with the spider when she slammed into a frog spirit.

What could be worse than a spider? A frog, a gross, ugly, slimy frog!

"Hello there."  The slimy frogman greeted in his deep croaky voice.

Ling Ling screamed, and her scream cut through the thick foggy air like lightning. Sharp, thin, and high pitched, making the frog spirit and everyone else around him turned their heads.

Ling Ling failed miserably at how not to draw attention on her, because once again, all attention was centered on her as she passed out from terror.

Mr. Chanchu caught Ling Ling in his arms before she fell on the ground. He had been dressed in his fine western suit with fedora hat on top of his head, completed with a cigar on his mouth.

He looked like one of those gangster frogs Ling Ling used to watch when she was young.

Mr. Chanchu thought something was strange, ghosts are not uncommon in the spirit world, he employed plenty of them in his mansion, but Ling Ling had that distinct strangeness in her he couldn't quite put his finger on.

He looked at her neck that's exposed openly and felt the sudden urge to take a bite of her. That's when the same child spirit from earlier came from nowhere and dashed a kick on him.

Mei kicked Mr. Chanchu in the face that sent the disgusting frog spirit staggering backwards. She then quickly threaded her short arms around Ling Ling and ushered her out of sight. For a small creature, the little girl was quite strong and she can move just as fast as Junjie.

Mei brought her under the awning of an abandoned shop and lain her there on the hard-cold cement.

The next thing she did was slap the stupid human. "Wake up, dumbass!"

Ling Ling felt her tiny hand smacked her awake. Her eyelids lifted wide open, she expected to see a spirit frog, spider, fly or something.

Relief swept over her when she saw Mei instead.

"Didn't I told you to stay away from here!" Said Mei in a tiny squeaky voice.

"What..." Ling Ling moaned caressing the tender ache on her cheek. "Did someone say something?" She could had made sure someone spoke but she didn't see anyone.

"Must be my imagination, then."

"Imagine this!"

Mei kicked Ling Ling in the leg that made her recoil in pain, she needn't have to be blind to see Mei this time.

"Why you little runt!"

Mei glared at her. "What're you still doing here?"