Part 3: The Little Mermaid (Jimin)

"I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty, I've got whozits and whatzits galore, You want thing-of-a-bobs? I've got twenty! . . ."

    The sun beats down on the backs of two figures that lay on a rock in a small cove off the shore, shielded from view by the cliff over head. The two had been in the waiting in the cove for a few hours now, and one had begun to grow impatient.

    "Urgh! Where is this guy? I thought he was supposed to be here when we got here, is he even coming?"

    "Yes, he was Tae", Sofie sighed, "He's probably just running late, he does this sometimes."
    "Sooo, You've meet with him before?", Taehyung asked as a teasing smile covered his face, squinting his eyes while wiggling his eyebrows.

    Laughing at his expression Sofie said, "It's not like that V, he's just a friend."

    "How did you guys meet anyway?", Tae asked, tilting his head showing he was curious.

    "Well, when I was near the surface one day he was walking on the shore when he saw me, and decided to start a conversation. I tried to hide the fact that I wasn't human, and it worked till he jumped in the water to join me. He saw my tail when he was underwater," Sofie explained, giggling she continued, "Luckily he has never said anything to anyone, and even agreed to help me learn more about land."

    Before Taehyung could ask more a yell came from the shore, scaring V and causing him to jump a bit. Looking over he saw a man with pinkish hair and blue highlights, he wore a thin white shirt that was loosely tucked into his tan shorts, as well as a leather bag slung over his shoulder. After rolling up his shorts a bit more to make sure they didn't get wet, the man waded into the water, a large grin spreading across his face as he made his way to the rock they rested on.

    When the man reached them, he climbed onto the rock setting the bag next to him as he sat down

    When the man reached them, he climbed onto the rock setting the bag next to him as he sat down. The man turned to Sofie, then with a nervous smile said, "Hey, sorry I'm late. The chef made me clean the entire kitchen before I could leave, and it ended up taking longer than I thought it would."

    "It's okay J-Hope, I understand. Before we get to what you brought, I want you to meet Taehyung", Sofie told the man moving out of the way so Taehyung could introduce himself.

    Turning his attention onto the merman, J-Hope introduced himself while sticking out his hand, "Hi! My name's Jung Hoseok or J-Hope if you want."

    Taking Hoseok's hand, Tae smiled up at him, "It's nice to meet you, I'm Kim Taehyung, but you can call me V."

    After some small talk, Hoseok began pulling stuff from his bag to give to Sofie, explaining what they were and what they did as he handed them over. He pulled out small things like buttons, a fork, and a pipe. He also gave her bigger items like a hand mirror and a brush, all the while Sofie wrote down everything he said into her notebook not wanting to forget it. Before she would put the items in her bag, she would hand them to V letting him look and mess with them.

    Soon J-Hope had given her all the items he had brought, " Well that was the last one, I'll bring more next time."

    Putting Sofie's bag over his shoulder, V asked curiously, " Is it really okay for us to take these? Aren't they yours?"

    Laughing slightly, Hoseok replied, " It's okay, I don't need those things anymore. I went out to get new ones yesterday, those were getting old so I thought I should give them to Sofie instead of throw them out."

    "And I really appreciate it Hopie", Sofia smiled at him before turning to Tae, "You can head back now, and could you drop those things of at my house for me?"

    "Sure, but aren't you coming with me?"

    "I'll be back later, I still have somethings to talk about with Hoseok."

    "Well, alright. See you when you get back", and with that V jumped off the rock and back into the water, swimming off towards the village.

    As soon as Tae was out of sight, Sofie turned back towards Hoseok with a serious look taking over her features, "So, how is he?"

    "Jimin is fine, but ...", Hopie stopped, sighing before he continued, "the King is having him meet with a few of the princesses from neighboring countries, the King is looking for a bride for his son."

    Shocked, Sofie dropped her gaze down to the rock's rough surface. When she had meet Hoseok, she had asked about Jimin and he had told her that he was the prince, J-Hope works in the kitchen of the castle with the chef. The more she learned about Jimin, the more she wanted to meet him and now when she learns he is to find a bride, it hurt her. She didn't know why, but the thought of him getting married hurt her in a way she had never hurt before. 'Why do I feel this way? I've never even meet him, and now that he is to look for a bride I might never get the chance. He might not even come to the ocean as often for his duties might change after he gets married!', she knew she was probably over exaggerating, but she couldn't help it. That was when an idea came to her, it was stupid but she had to try.

    "Hoseok?", she said, looking back up to face him.

    "Yeah, Sofie?", J-Hope answered meeting her gaze.

    "I want to meet him."