Chapter-43

Chapter Forty Three

Percy's POV

We ran like hell, trying to avoid any oncoming obstacles in our way, I snaked a small glance behind us, the monsters already broke through the wall and the earth warriors, the monsters were all toppling over each other, all of them seeming to act like a zombie tsunami, oh wait, isn't that a game on a cell phone. I slapped the back of my head, damn ADHD. My guess as to how the monsters were easily catching up was because of Destruction, the dude probably enhanced the monsters of some sort.

I pointed at the trees and quickly climbed one, resting on a nearby branch, the first wave of monsters suddenly broke down the earth wall and started to rampage through the battlefield, we stayed perched atop of a branch. Just as the monsters were inching close and closer to the demigods, we jumped out of the trees and slaughter each and everyone of them, the rest were still stuck at the wall of earth. I turned towards the Chaos Army, all of them had one idea in their mind.

"Run" as the meme music suddenly started playing. We ran back to Camp Half Blood, a horde of monsters chasing our tails, all of them holding some kind of sword, shield, or spear. We quickly sprinted over to the demigods who were fearfully retreating back to their camp. The hunters drew their bows towards us thinking we were monsters, they widened their eyes lowering their bows and focused on firing arrows back at the monsters. The demigods quickly retreated back to their camp, inside the border.

We panted going inside the border, more and more waves of monsters suddenly started to pile out of the wall and run towards Camp Half Blood. I looked at the demigod army, seeing most of them injured and being treated by the Apollo campers. Some of the campers had seen better days, I saw one of the campers had a long gash in their chests, every time a boy would walk near the Hunters of Artemis, they would trip the poor lad. I looked at the demigods with a determined look on my face, no matter how much I hate them, that's it, I just hate them, but orders are orders, it would be a shame to see Earth blown to bits, note the sarcasm.

"Everyone, use spears, swords and bows, go to the edge of the border and kill any monster on sit, under no circumstances should you leave the border." I commanded, they nodded grabbing their weapons and hurrying towards the border. I channeled my power, using huge amounts of magic to strengthen the border, everyone was anxious as the monsters plowed through the battlefield and towards Camp Half Blood.

They suddenly collided with an invisible wall called the Camp Border, the campers and the army all sent slashes and arrows towards the monsters. Sweat beaded my forehead as more and more monsters kept pounding on the border, at this point, I would quickly lose my power, I couldn't keep up the border for long. I gritted my teeth channeling more and more heavy magic towards the border, the demigods kept slashing and killing every last monster, that was proven to not be enough.

I pulled my magic out, at this point if I continued, I wouldn't be able to stand up. The demigods retreated as more and more monsters suddenly poured inside Camp Half Blood with bloodlust, the barrier was now broken in half. The monsters were all looking at the demigods as if they were prey, and they were the predators. A small rustle was heard through the bushes, the monsters paid no attanetion to it. That was their downfall.

Out of the bushes came an army of girls wearing all white, al of them wearing these weird helmets, they either had bows, spears, or swords, it was a sight for sore eyes. They charged at the monsters killing them from behind, the campers were in the state of shock. The army and I took this as the time to attack, we charged too slicing every monster in our path, one of the Assassins grabbed a throwing knife and threw it at a monster inches close to Luke's face.